ASX Today: rise & shine – copper and oil to lift the market as commodities surge
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
The Dow Jones moved higher with a +0.13% move or +45.86 points and the S&P 500 declined with a -0.049% loss or -2.07 points overnight. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, followed down -0.089% overnight or -12.26 points. This may impact local tech stocks today. Visit our Live Tracker here.
- Wall Street Media Co, Inc (WSCO) the highest gainer overnight with a +172.73% gain or +0.1900 dollars per share.
- Zadar Ventures Ltd (ZADDF) highest loser overnight with a -84.92% drop or -0.7388 dollars,
- Tesla (TSLA) down overnight with a -0.21% loss or -1.32 dollar,
- Apple (AAPL) Shares down overnight with a -0.26% drop or -0.33 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) red overnight with a -0.14% drop or -4.42 dollars per share,
The Australian stock market is expected to have a positive trading day on Wednesday. The ASX 200 is likely to begin 11 points or 0.15 percent higher this morning, according to the latest SPI futures.
June 1st ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
Optimistic close today as the S&P/ASX 200 advanced to a new high before retreating in the afternoon. The ASX200 closed red he S&P/ASX 200 fell for the second day, closing the day in the red with a fall of -0.27% or -19.00 points. At the same time, the RBA continues to keep rates the same. Baby formula was hot today, with BUB.ASX and A2M.ASX surging based on China’s newly announced three-child policy.
What stocks to watch today
DB Stock Forum 2.0
Due to feedback received, we have now re-designed our new DB Stock Forum 2.0. Our first forum had some issues; since then, we have created a new forum that is easier to use and faster. We are in the process of merging the users onto our new forum. However. For those who haven’t yet signed up for free. Feel free to create a FREE account by clicking here
Trading Halts (Wednesday)
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Artemis Resources (ARV.ASX) – capital raising
Synertec (SOP.ASX) – business update
Wisr (WZR.ASX) – capital raising
NSX (NSX.ASX) – capital raising
Invoin (IVX.ASX) – transaction
ReNu Energy (RNE.ASX) – capital raising
Peregrine Gold (PGD.ASX) – exploration results
Surefire Resources (SRN.ASX) – drilling results
Estrella Resources (ESR.ASX) – exploration results
Valor Resources (VAL.ASX) – exploration results
- Brent Crude Oil up +1.63% to a total of $70.43 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore prices up +4.13% to a price of $201.50 (USD/MT)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium prices up +0.32% to a total of $31.40 (USD/LBS) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up Gold down -0.4% to a price of $1,900.17 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper up today with a +4.72% gain to a price of $4.66 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver down overnight with a -0.68% move to a price of $27.94 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Understand Mining Grade Results
A company has just released an announcement with base metal findings, energy, fertilizers, or precious metals in most scenarios. But you are left unsure whether the announcement is even good news or bad news! The team at DavidBeshay has created an easy guide for you to print out and track if a company has released good or bad grades to help you invest. Click the image to the right:
Doubt still reamins amongst crypto currency as the markets aren’t able to fully recover.
Bitcoin: US$36,363.84 down -2.22% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,591.69 down -2.52% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.365175 up +10.82% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.73 up +1.30% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.421828 up +6.10% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
- The first human case of the uncommon H10N3 strain of avian flu has been confirmed in China. – 7 News
- As a result of rapid COVID transmission, Victoria’s lockdown is set to be extended. – News
- Krispy Kreme’s 100,000 doughnut giveaway has sparked a fan frenzy on the internet. – 9 News
- A cafe is charging people $5 to wear a face mask in California. – News
- In a shooting outside a US concert, two people were murdered and more than 20 were injured. – 7 News
- In a huge shift, China has announced a new three-child policy. – News
- Second aged care facility in Melbourne is in lockdown after a worker tested positive for COVID 19. – News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market