ASX Today: rise & shine – Dow down as inflation fears arise
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
The US market fell on Tuesday following the implications of higher-than-expected inflation. However, strong results from Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase boosted market confidence. Despite the positive findings, JPMorgan shares slid 1.5 percent, and Goldman Sachs shares fell 1.2 percent.
The Dow Jones moved lower with a -0.31% move or -107.39 points. The S&P 500 also down, moving -0.35% or -15.42 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq followed overnight, closing with a -0.38% loss or -55.59 points.
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Wednesday higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 4 points or 0.06 percent higher today, according to the latest SPI futures.
Previous Day ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
Following a strong move this morning, the Australian sharemarket fell into the afternoon. The losses continued throughout the afternoon, with the ASX 200 dropping 1.4 points, or 0.02 percent, to 7,332.1, down from a day high of 7382.200. Industrials outperformed all sectors with a +0.86% lead today.
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch for the ASX today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of the previous trading, day Gainers click here.
Bitcoin: US$32,603.12 -1.33% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$1,935.64 -4.81% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.199024 -4.85% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data)
Day trading Thread Now Open – July 14th
Each trading day, we feature breakfast from around the world as we discuss which trading opportunities present themselves. Today we discover traditional Moldova’s food. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
iCar Asia (ASX:ICQ) – change of control transaction
Field Solutions (ASX:FSG) – business update
Caspin Resources (ASX:CPN) – capital raising
Leaf Resources (ASX:LER) – business update
Xstate Resources (ASX:XST) – acquisition
NewPeak Metals (ASX:NPM) – capital raising
Indiana Resources (ASX:IDA) – drilling results
Cirralto (ASX:CRO) – referral agreement revenues
Liontown Resources (ASX:LTR) – capital raising
Cokal (ASX:CKA) – financing arrangement
Frugl (ASX:FGL) – capital raising
Castillo Copper (ASX:CCZ) – exploration results
BSP Financial (ASX:BFL) – PNG legal action
Swift Media (ASX:SW1) – price query
Tian Poh Resources (ASX:TPO) – director appointment
|Brent Crude Oil||76.37||75.57||1.52%||USD/BBL|
- As the state of New South Wales prepares to extend the lockdown, there is a call for stricter restrictions. – News
- Vaccine specialists advise patients in outbreak areas to get their second vaccination as soon as possible. COVID-19 dosage from AstraZeneca. – ABC
- A millionaire was punished after allegedly departing the state of New South Wales on a superyacht. – News
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic test flight has successfully launched into space. – ABC
- The Taliban claim to rule 85 percent of Afghanistan, sparking a refugee exodus. – ABC
- After a wet weekend in Perth, expect more violent storms. – 9 News
- The number of Covid-19 cases in NSW is anticipated to reach 100 today. – News
- Heavy rain is expected to continue over the weekend in NSW. – 9 News
- Employers will search the online histories of more than two million Australians. – News
- NSW is considering allowing Delta to roam freely in the community. News
- On Friday, NSW Police will undertake a large operation in south-western Sydney to ensure that public health orders are followed. – ABC
- During the third week of Sydney’s lockdown, more people will get a $500 assistance payment. – News
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: