ASX Today: rise & shine – Dow down as Perth snaps into lockdown
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
The Dow Jones moved lower overnight with a -0.44% move or -150.57 points. The S&P 500 gained overnight, moving +0.23% or +9.91 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was up overnight, closing with a +0.98% gain or +140.12 points.
- Tesla (TSLA) +2.51% gain or +16.85 dollars,
- Apple (AAPL) +1.25% gain or +1.67 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) +1.25% gain or +42.43 dollars per share,
- Microsoft (MSFT) +1.40% gain or +3.70 dollars per share,
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Tuesday Lower. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 15 points or 0.21 percent Lower today, according to the latest SPI futures.
Little to no action today on the ASX today, the S&P/ASX 200 moved -0.0096% or +-0.70 points. As investors remained uncertain for the future and no clear direction for the market.
Bitcoin: US$34,293.45 -0.25% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$12,073.50 +6.28% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.255125 +1.09% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch for the ASX today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of the previous trading, day Gainers click here.
Day trading Thread Now Open – June 29th
Each trading day, we feature breakfast from around the world as we discuss which trading opportunities present themselves. Today we discover traditional North Korea’s food. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Creso Pharma (ASX:CPH) – sales and revenue update
Hydrix (ASX:HYD) – AngelMed distribution update
Proteomics (ASX:PIQ) – conference presentatio
DigitalX (ASX:DCC) – revenue recognition update
Matador Mining (ASX:MZZ) – capital raising
Mineral Commodities (ASX:MRC) – capital raising
Zinc of Ireland (ASX:ZMI) – acquisition and capital raising
Mako Gold (ASX:MKG) – acquisition
Elixinol (ASX:EXL) – acquisition update
IODM (ASX:IOD) – revenue signing
TerraCom (ASX:TER) – bond maturity
TNT Mines (ASX:TIN) – capital raising
EP&T Global (ASX:EPX) – contract award
|Brent Crude Oil||74.55||76.1||0||-2.23%||USD/BBL|
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the Day Trading team! Click the image to join.
- As mask-wearing becomes mandatory in Queensland, two more local cases have been reported. – News
- Coogee South Primary School has four children who have tested positive. – News
- NSW bracing for more cases as Scott Morrison to call urgent cabinet meeting. – News
- In China, Tesla is recalling roughly 300,000 cars due to a cruise control safety problem. – 9 News
- Years before the building in Florida collapsed, an engineer voiced concerns about serious structural deterioration. – 9 News
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: