ASX Today: rise & shine – Dow down as tech stocks rally and Adobe earnings strong
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
Overnight the US markets were a mixed bag, with tech stocks leading the way higher as many real-economy sectors took a beating. The Dow Jones slipped lower overnight with a -0.62% move or -210.22 points. The S&P 500 lost overnight, moving -0.44% or -1.84 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was up overnight, with a +0.87% gain or +121.67 points.
- Tesla (TSLA) up overnight with a +1.94% gain or +11.73 dollars,
- Apple (AAPL) up overnight with a +1.26% gain or +1.64 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) up overnight with a +2.17% gain or +73.99 dollars per share,
- Microsoft (MSFT) up overnight with a +1.37% gain or +3.52 dollars per share,
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Friday higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 38 points or 0.52 percent higher, according to the latest SPI futures.
June 17h ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
On the ASX today, the S&P/ASX 200 experienced a higher high and close as a nice recovery allowed for the winning streak to continue. The ASX200 hit a new high of 7406.200 before retreating and closing the day at 7,386.200 +0.91% gain or +6.70 points.
“Cryptocurrency is a good idea on many levels and we believe it has a promising future, but this cannot come at great cost to the environment,” Elon Musk drives bitcoin prices higher with his recent comments.
Bitcoin: US$37,781.50 down -2.40% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,342.89 down -2.85% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.305555 down -1.63% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
What stocks to watch today
Day trading Thread Now Open – June 18th
Each trading day, we feature breakfast from around the world as we discuss which trading opportunities present themselves. Today we discover a traditional Tuvaluan breakfast. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Pentanet (ASX:5GG) – capital raising
BSP Financial Group (ASX:BFL) – regulatory matters in PNG
OreCorp (ASX:ORR) – capital raising
Emperor Energy (ASX:EMP) – capital raising
Creso Pharma (ASX:CPH) – acquisition
Coda Minerals (COD.ASX) – capital raising
Po Valley Energy (PVE.ASX) – capital raising
Immutep (IMM.ASX) – capital raising
Variscan Mines (VAR.ASX) – capital raising
Resource Development Group (RDG.ASX) – ASX query
BetMaker (BET.ASX) – acquisition
|Brent Crude Oil||73.09||-0.84%||USD/BBL|
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the DB team! Click the image to join.
- Changes to Australia’s travel restrictions with India may assist in the return of children. – ABC
- As the number of cases rises, a leading epidemiologist warns that Sydney is in danger. – News
- Gladys Berejiklian delivers an update on COVID-19 amid concern that NSW limitations would be reinstated. – 7 News
- Long lines for testing have formed as a result of two new Sydney incidents. –9 News
- As unrest escalates, Israeli airstrikes hit Gaza, and Palestinians retaliate with fire-carrying balloons. – ABC
- Ronaldo’s press conference stunt wiped $5.2 billion off Coca-Cola’s market value. – News
- In the span of 24 hours, Victoria has recorded five new COVID instances. – ABC
- Coronavirus restrictions in Victoria are expected to be lifted today. – News
- ‘It makes no difference,’ says an Australian WWII POW on his 100th birthday. – 9 News
- China has been declared a worldwide security threat by NATO leaders. – 9 News
- When asked about calling Vladimir Putin a “killer” ahead of their meet, Joe Biden responds awkwardly. – News
- Australia and Singapore have agreed to collaborate on developing a ‘safe and calibrated’ travel bubble. – ABC
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: