ASX Today: rise & shine – Dow Jones higher as Nasdaq reaches record high
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
“Inflation has increased notably in recent months”, US Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said in testimony before Congress, but “when this temporary supply impacts abate, inflation is likely to decrease down towards our longer-run objective.”
Overnight the US markets rallied. The Dow Jones moved higher overnight with a +0.20% move or +68.61 points. The S&P 500 followed overnight, moving +0.51% or +21.65 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was up overnight and closed with a record high, closing with a +0.79% gain or +111.79 points.
- Tesla (TSLA) up overnight with a +0.46% gain or +2.88 dollars,
- Apple (AAPL) up overnight with a +1.27% gain or +1.68 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) up overnight with a +1.49% gain or +51.48 dollars per share,
- Microsoft (MSFT) up overnight with a +1.10% gain or +2.88 dollars per share,
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Wednesday lower. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 5.00 points or 0.07 percent lower today, according to the latest SPI futures.
On the ASX today, the S&P/ASX 200 opened lower and moved even lower before recovering to a close of 7235.300 with a -1.81% On the ASX today, the S&P/ASX 200 opened higher to 7258.20 and moved even higher, peaking to 7365.900 before coming to a close of 7342.200 with a +1.48% move or +106.90 points. Following gains in the US market overnight, a positive outlook as investors exit cryptocurrency and enter the market.
Bitcoin: US$32,381.01 up +1.24% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$1,879.09 down -1.61% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.188374 down -4.86% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch for the ASX today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of the previous trading, day Gainers click here.
Day trading Thread Now Open – June 23rd
Each trading day, we feature breakfast from around the world as we discuss which trading opportunities present themselves. Today we discover a traditional Indonesia’s breakfast. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Little Green Pharma (ASX:LGP) – capital raising
Auctus (ASX:AVC) – capital raising
Vanadium Resources (ASX:VR8) – preliminary feasibility study results
M8 Sustainable (ASX:M8S) – capital raising
Earlypay (ASX:EPY) – capital raising
Emerald Resources (ASX:EMR) – maiden gold pour
Arafura Resources (ASX:ARU) – capital raising
Redflow (ASX:RFX) – capital raising
|Brent Crude Oil||74.98||73.29||0.28%||USD/BBL|
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the Day Trading team! Click the image to join.
- China demands that banks block cryptocurrency transactions, causing the market to plummet. – Coindesk
- As states tighten their borders, South Australia has joined Queensland in prohibiting visitors from Sydney’s Waverly Council. – 9 News
- Dong Jingwei, a Chinese spy, ‘defects to the West while delivering Covid secrets.’ – News
- The Premier has refused to rule out imposing additional limitations on NSW. – News
- The UK is attacked by a ‘third covid wave,’ as the Delta type spreads throughout more than 80% of the country. – News
- The NSW COVID outbreak has prompted a testing alert, with the Premier aiming for 40,000 swabs each day. – ABC
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: