ASX Today: rise & shine – Dow Jones slips as meme stock mania continues
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
The Dow Jones moved lower overnight with a -0.44% move or -152.68 points. The S&P 500 followed with a loss overnight with a -0.18% loss or -7.71 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was down overnight as popular meme stocks were the pick, with a -0.095% loss or -13.16 points. Popular meme stocks included World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), flying to a high of 70.72USD before closing to 64.48 USD, up 10.89%.
Post your thought on our new DB Stock Forum – Sign up free here.
- Tesla (TSLA) down again overnight with a -0.80% loss or -4.81 dollar,
- Apple (AAPL) Shares up overnight with a +0.31% gain or +0.39 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) up overnight with a +0.52% gain or +17.04 dollars per share,
- Microsoft (MSFT) up overnight with a +0.40% gain or +1.02 dollars per share,
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start the week slightly lower. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 3 points or 0.04 percent lower, according to the latest SPI futures.
June 9th ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
The S&P/ASX 200 closed lower with a -0.31% loss or -22.40 points. Consumer Staples stock were the worst performers today, among those Woolworths Group Limited (WOW.ASX) falling 1.89% on the news a Woolworths shopper finds a disturbing baby mouse in her bag of grapes. For the article, click here.
Bitcoin dipped as low as $31,035.49 before trying to recover. News that Donald Trump suggested that Bitcoin was a scam affecting the American dollar sunk in as investors dumped their holdings in cryptocurrency. Since then, Bitcoin has tried to recover. All crypto miners in China’s Qinghai Province have been ordered to shut down. – Coin Desk
Bitcoin: US$36,669.90 up +9.38% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,583.52 up +2.25% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.345370 up +3.78% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.60 up +1.44% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.353198 down -0.07% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
What stocks to watch today
Day trading Thread Now Open – June 10th
Today we have featured a traditional Canadian breakfast on our day trading thread. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Celsius Resources (CLA.ASX) – drilling results
Duke Exploration (DEX.ASX) – capital raising
Mandrake Resources (MAN.ASX) – capital raising
Andromeda Metals (ADN.ASX) – market update
Mighty Craft (MCL.ASX) – capital raising
Minotaur Exploration (MEP.ASX) – market update
- Brent Crude Oil down -0.17% to a total of $72.01 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Crude Oil down -0.44% to a total of $69.72 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore price up +2.94% to a total of $210 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Palladium price down -1.02% to a total of $2,778.69(USD/t oz) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Coal up +1.7% to a total of $114.75 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium down -0.46% today, to a price of $32.20 (USD/LBS)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up, Gold decreased -0.27% to a price of $1,888.42 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper down -0.66% to a price of $4.52 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver up +0.47% to a price of $27.76 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the DB team! Click the image on the right to join now.
- The US will provide 500 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to assist other nations. – Aljazeera
- Melbourne’s toughest lockdown limits have been eased, but some limits remain. – 9 News
- All crypto miners in China’s Qinghai Province have been ordered to shut down. – Coin Desk
- Fresh snowfall has fallen over NSW, as severe weather grips Australia’s south-east. – 9 News
- After opening the front door, a woman in Newcastle was shot and killed. – News
- Scott Morrison has issued a warning to world allies about China’s trade and security risks. – 9 News
- Bitcoin’s bad run isn’t done yet, as prices continue to plummet. – 9 News
- Melbourne’s COVID lockdown will be eased with the introduction of hospitality caps and a 25-kilometre transit bubble. – ABC
- Melbourne is on the verge of a lockdown announcement. – News
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: