ASX Today: rise & shine – early signs of June sell-off is expected
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
US Exchange Closed Memorial day
(The Recap) The Dow Jones moved higher with a +0.19% move or +64.81 points and the S&P 500 followed with a +0.077% gain or +3.23 points overnight. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, down +0.091% overnight or +12.46 points. This may impact local tech stocks today. Visit our Live Tracker here.
- Tesla (TSLA) down overnight with a -0.89% loss or -5.63 dollar,
- Apple (AAPL) Shares down overnight with a -0.53% drop or -0.67 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) red overnight with a -0.22% drop or -7.04 dollars per share,
- 1847 Goedeker Inc (GOED) highest loser overnight with a -70.02% drop or -4.25 dollars,
- Vertex Energy Inc (VTNR) the highest gainer overnight with a +95.74% gain or +3.82 dollars per share.
On Tuesday, the Australian stock market is expected to fall. According to the latest SPI future, the ASX 200 is forecast to open the day 43 points lower, or 0.6 percent down. This is even though the US and UK markets are closed for the holidays.
May 31st ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
Optimistic close today as the S&P/ASX 200 advanced to a new high before retreating in the afternoon. The ASX200 closed red today with a -0.25% loss or -17.90 points trimming off the high of the day. Previously the high of the day 12 months ago was 7,197.200; today pushed the XJO pushed above this previous high, with a new high of 7,203.300 before retreating to 7,161.60.
What stocks to watch today
Trading Halts (Monday)
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Odyssey Gold (ODY.ASX) – capital raising
Genetic Technologies (GTG.ASX) – COVID19 test update
Latin Resources (LRS.ASX) – JORC resource
Traka Resources (TKL.ASX) – price query
- Brent Crude Oil up +0.67% to a total of $69.34 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore prices up +0.52% to a price of $193.50 (USD/MT)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium prices up +0.32% to a total of $31.40 (USD/LBS) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up Gold down -0.15% to a price of $1,901.50 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper down today with a -4.91% loss to a price of $4.45 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver up overnight with a +0.43% move to a price of $28.04 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Understand Mining Grade Results
A company has just released an announcement with base metal findings, energy, fertilizers, or precious metals in most scenarios. But you are left unsure whether the announcement is even good news or bad news! The team at DavidBeshay has created an easy guide for you to print out and track if a company has released good or bad grades to help you invest. Click the image below:
On Monday, Ethereum surged more than 8% to $2,587, although it was still 40% behind a record high of over $4,300 set earlier this month. Bitcoin, the world’s biggest and best-known cryptocurrency, rose 3.7 percent to $36,977 in sluggish trade with London and US markets closed for the holidays.
Bitcoin: US$37,148.23 up +3.36% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,652.72 up +9.20% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.327328 up +7.65% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.70 up +6.00% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.395271 up +5.00% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
- In a shooting outside a US concert, two people were murdered and more than 20 were injured. – 7 News
- In a huge shift, China has announced a new three-child policy. – News
- Second aged care facility in Melbourne is in lockdown after a worker tested positive for COVID 19. – News
- During a trip to New Zealand, Scott Morrison alluded to a Pacific travel bubble. – News
- Authorities in Victoria have added dozens of new exposure sites as they look for the source of the mystery case.’ – 9 News
- As flooding rages through New Zealand’s South Island, residents in Canterbury have been forced to flee their homes. – 7 News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market