ASX Today: rise & shine – positive ASX outlook as bitcoin & US market recovers
Good morning and happy Tuesday!
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
US Exchange Overnight
The Dow Jones gained +0.54% or +186.14 points, and the S&P 500 gained +0.99% or +41.19 points overnight. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, down overnight, gaining +1.41% or +190.18 points. This may impact local tech stocks today. Visit our Live Tracker here.
- Tesla (TSLA) bounced overnight with a +4.40% or +25.56 dollar gain,
- Apple (AAPL) Shares gained overnight with a +1.33% gain or +1.67 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) green overnight with a +1.31% gain or +41.91 dollars per share,
- Zadar Ventures Ltd (ZADDF) the highest loser overnight with a -84.92% drop or -0.7388 dollars,
- Rapid Nutrition Plc (RPNRF) the highest gainer overnight with a +182.49% gain or +0.0969 dollars per share.
Following a strong start to the week on Wall Street, the Australian stock market appears set to rise on Tuesday. The ASX 200 is likely to begin 18 points or 0.25 percent higher this morning, according to the latest SPI futures.
Monday’s ASX recap (LInk here)
S&P/ASX 200 bounced around today, closing with a +0.22% increase or +15.60 points. However, iron ore futures continue to plummet as China’s powerful National Development and Reform Commission keeps a lid on commodity prices.
What stocks to watch today
Caspin Resources Limited (CPN.ASX)
Encounter Resources Limited (ENR.ASX)
Trading Halts Today (Tuesday):
Sayona Mining (SYA.ASX) – NAL bid update
Salt Lake Potash (SO4.ASX) – capital raising
Anteris Technologies (AVR.ASX) – capital raising
Freedom Foods Group (FNP.ASX) – capital raising
- Brent Crude Oil up+2.86% to a total of $68.41 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore down -3.9% overnight to a price of $197 (USD/MT)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium price remaining the same to a total of $31.15 (USD/LBS) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up Gold experienced a loss of -0.1% to a price of $1880.83 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper up today with a +0.89% gain to a price of $4.54 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver up overnight with a +0.65% move to a price of $27.75 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Understand Mining Grade Results
A company has just released an announcement with base metal findings, energy, fertilizers, or precious metals in most scenarios. But you are left unsure whether the announcement is even good news or bad news! The team at DavidBeshay has created an easy guide for you to print out and track if a company has released good or bad grades to help you invest. Click the image below:
Since the turbulence, bitcoin (BTC-USD), ethereum (ETH-USD), and dogecoin (DOGE-USD) has recovered.
Bitcoin: US$38,391.76 up +12.05% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,585.08 up +23.55% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.354230 up +13.78% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
- 200 people were injured in a light rail incident in Kuala Lumpur, with 47 of them critically injured. – News
- The COVID death toll in India has surpassed 300,000, and the crisis is far from over. – 7 News
- At least 14 people are murdered when an Italian cable vehicle crashes into a forest. – CNN
- As a new COVID cluster arises, something that might drive Melbourne into lockdown. – News
- How Australia’s COVID vaccine deployment fell short, leaving us “in a dangerous position. – ABC News
- Following China’s tough shift, major cryptocurrencies have taken a fall. – News
- Experts predict additional losses for Qantas as the airline struggles to cope with the COVID-19 outbreak. – News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market