ASX Today: rise & shine – positive outlook as US markets close green
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
The Dow Jones moved higher with a +1.05% move or +75.20 points and the S&P 500 followed with a +0.14% gain or +6.08 points overnight. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, up overnight with a +0.14% lift or +19.85 points. Post your thought on our new DB Stock Forum – Sign up free here.
- Interconexion Electrica S.a. E.s.p. – Isa (IESFY) the highest gainer overnight with a +8200.00% gain or +246.00 dollars per share.
- The Real Brokerage Inc (REAXD) highest loser overnight with a -73.72% drop or -19.6368 dollars,
- Tesla (TSLA) down overnight with a -3.01% loss or -18.78 dollar,
- Apple (AAPL) Shares up overnight with a +0.63% gain or +0.78 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) green overnight with a +0.48% gain or +15.34 dollars per share,
On Thursday, the Australian stock market is expected to rise once more. According to the latest SPI futures, the ASX 200 is likely to begin 17 points or 0.25 percent higher this morning.
June 2nd ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
The S&P/ASX 200 closed the day just under its all-time high with a +1.05% lift or +75.20 points; today marks the highest high the XJO experienced of 7218.900 before closing to a value of 7217.80. Today the sectors helped the rally with the materials, Energy and utilities, all lifting the market this evening.
What stocks to watch today
DB Stock Forum 2.0
Due to feedback received, we have now re-designed our new DB Stock Forum 2.0. Our first forum had some issues; since then, we have created a new forum that is easier to use and faster. We are in the process of merging the users onto our new forum. However. For those who haven’t yet signed up for free. Feel free to create a FREE account by clicking here
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
CI Resources (CII.ASX) – acquisition
Vonex (VN8.ASX) – acquisition
Nova Minerals Ltd (NVA.ASX) – resource update
Straker Translation (STG.ASX) – capital raising
Castillo Copper (CCZ.ASX) – capital raising
Straker Translations Ltd (STG.ASX) – equity raising
- Brent Crude Oil up +1.06% to a total of $71.23 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore up +2.98% to a price of $207.5 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium up +0.16% today, closing to a price of $31.45 (USD/LBS)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up, Gold increased +0.53% to a price of $1,908.56 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper down -1.07% closing to a price of $4.61 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver up +1.19% to a price of $28.15 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Bitcoin positive this week as the popular cyrptocurrency tries to recover, here are the latest prices:
Bitcoin: US$37,594.00 up +3.69% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,698.64 up +4.69% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.423177 up +16.59% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.75 up +1.98% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.419978 up +0.19% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the DB team! Click the image on the right to join now.
Day Trade The Dream
Day Trade the Dream is rated 5 stars by our readers and is perfect for those interested in learning how traders can turn their computer into money-making machines; day trading has become hugely popular in 2021, with more than 300,000 new users entering the market. So it makes perfect sense to get the ultimate edge and learn the secrets and techniques Day traders use to make money from the market. Most traders lose money, and by investing your time into education, you can better understand why. Click the image on the left to order your copy.
- After less than a month, Donald Trump’s blog is shut down. – 9 News
- A woman has been arrested in connection with a ‘deliberately lit’ fire in Adelaide’s CBD, which injured five people. – 7 News
- During the pandemic, Australians working from home should be aware of the risk of cancer. – 7 News
- Residents in Melbourne have been warned to expect weeks of restrictions after the lockdown lifts. – News
- A massive sinkhole in Mexico threatens to engulf a rural home. – News
- The first human case of the uncommon H10N3 strain of avian flu has been confirmed in China. – 7 News
- As a result of rapid COVID transmission, Victoria’s lockdown is set to be extended. – News
- Krispy Kreme’s 100,000 doughnut giveaway has sparked a fan frenzy on the internet. – 9 News
- In a shooting outside a US concert, two people were murdered, and more than 20 were injured. – 7 News
- In a huge shift, China has announced a new three-child policy. – News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market