ASX Today: rise & shine – positive US senate deal to lift markets
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
President Biden of the United States has endorsed a bipartisan Senate agreement on infrastructure funding at $1.2 trillion. According to Reuters, “massive investments in the nation’s electricity infrastructure, broadband internet services, and passenger and freight rail” are among the $579 billion in additional spending.
Positive outlook overnight in the US markets. The Dow Jones moved higher overnight with a +0.95% move or +322.58 points. The S&P 500 followed overnight, moving +0.58% or +24.65 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was up overnight and closed with another record high, closing with a +0.69% gain or +97.98 points.
- Tesla (TSLA) rallied overnight with a +3.54% gain or +23.25 dollars,
- Apple (AAPL) down overnight with a -0.22% loss or -0.29 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) down overnight with a -1.56% loss or -54.74 dollars per share,
- Microsoft (MSFT) up overnight with a +0.53% gain or +1.42 dollars per share,
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Friday higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 51 points or 0.71 percent higher today, according to the latest SPI futures.
Investors were quick to retreat again today as NSW reports new cases of Covid. The market started worse but recovered in the middle of the day to hit an intraday high of 7,303.8 before sliding again in the afternoon. The developments came after a day of mixed stock market performance in the United States. On the ASX today, the S&P/ASX 200 moved -0.32% or -23.20 points to 7275.300.
Bitcoin: US$34,638.90 up +3.58% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$1,984.76 up +2.08% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.263409 up +12.72% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch for the ASX today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of the previous trading, day Gainers click here.
Day trading Thread Now Open – June 25th
Each trading day, we feature breakfast from around the world as we discuss which trading opportunities present themselves. Today we discover traditional Turks & Caicos food. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Empire Energy (ASX:EEG) – s.708A(5)(e) correction
Janison (ASX:JAN) – capital raising
Family Zone Cyber Safety (ASX:FZO) – capital raising
Seafarms (ASX:SFG) – capital raising
Catapult (ASX:CAT) – acquisition and capital raising
Renergen (ASX:RLT) – capital raising
Warrego Energy (ASX:WGO) – capital raising
Geopacific Resources (ASX:GPR) – project financing
|Brent Crude Oil||75.48||73.29||0.21%||USD/BBL|
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the Day Trading team! Click the image to join.
- If the COVID-19 lockdown is not implemented, Sydney residents will be “sitting ducks.” – 9 News
- COVID cases in NSW aren’t enough to prompt a Sydney lockdown, yet. – ABC
- The positive limo driver at the epicentre of Sydney’s outbreak makes a shocking assertion. – News
- 99 people are missing after a ‘catastrophic’ building collapse. – News
- Greater Sydney has been subjected to further limitations as a result of the state’s announcement of 16 coronavirus infections. – The Guardian
- After case numbers doubled, contact tracers may not be able to prevent Sydney from going into lockdown. – News
- Covid-19 venues include a restaurant in Double Bay and a hairdresser. – News
- China demands that banks block cryptocurrency transactions, causing the market to plummet. – Coindesk
- As states tighten their borders, South Australia has joined Queensland in prohibiting visitors from Sydney’s Waverly Council. – 9 News
- Dong Jingwei, a Chinese spy, ‘defects to the West while delivering Covid secrets.’ – News
- The Premier has refused to rule out imposing additional limitations on NSW. – News
- The UK is attacked by a ‘third covid wave,’ as the Delta type spreads throughout more than 80% of the country. – News
- The NSW COVID outbreak has prompted a testing alert, with the Premier aiming for 40,000 swabs each day. – ABC
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: