ASX Today: rise & shine – signs of relief as US bounces
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
On Tuesday, US markets recovered. The majority of the S&P500’s 11 major sectors increased, with financials up 2.4 percent and transportation up 2%. Halliburton’s stock increased 3.7 percent this quarter as higher crude prices bolstered demand for oilfield services, resulting in the company’s second consecutive quarterly profit. Apple, which was up 2.6 percent, led the advances in technology.
The Dow Jones moved higher with a +1.62% move or +549.950 points. The S&P 500, moving +1.52% or +64.570 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was up overnight, closing with a +1.57% gain or +223.894 points.
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Wednesday higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 49 points or 0.68 percent higher today, according to the latest SPI futures.
Previous Day ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Tuesday lower. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 68 points or 0.94 percent lower today, according to the latest SPI futures.
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch for the ASX today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of the previous trading, day Gainers click here.
Day trading Thread Now Open – July 21st
Each trading day, we feature breakfast from around the world as we discuss which trading opportunities present themselves. Today we discover traditional Poland’s food. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Australian Strategic Materials (ASX:ASM) – investment in Dubbo Project
Woomera Mining (ASX:WML) – drilling results and price query
Total Brain Limited (ASX:TTB) – capital raising
Jervois Mining (ASX:JRV) – acquisition and equity raising
Helios Energy (ASX:HE8) – capital raising
Kula Gold (ASX:KGD) – capital raising
Ragnar Metals (ASX:RAG) – exploration results
Acrow Formwork and Construction Services (ASX:ACF)
Pivotal Systems (ASX:PVS)
Boab Metals (ASX:BML)
Icannex Healthcare (ASX:IHL)
Bitcoin: US$29,690.50 -3.69% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$1,784.32 -1.81% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.171016 -1.60% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data)
|Brent Crude Oil||68||73.13||-1.52%||USD/BBL|
- Alexa Leary, a triathlete from the Sunshine Coast, is fighting for her life following a horrific bike accident. – News
- The head of the organising committee has hinted that the Games may be cancelled. – News
- Sydney removalists mourn mum after Covid death – News
- As the number of cases rises, the Victoria covid lockdown may be prolonged. – News
- Project hosts shocked by guest’s grim prediction for Sydney lockdown – News
- As NSW registers 97 covid cases, tougher restrictions may be on the way. – News
- As the outbreak grows to 16 patients, Victoria will be put on lockdown. – News
- The required mask regulation has been reinstated as Victoria’s COVID-19 exposure locations and case numbers escalate. – ABC
- A nurse at Sydney’s Westmead Hospital has tested positive for COVID-19, and a positive case has also been found at Liverpool Hospital. – ABC
- Three communities in remote NSW have been placed on high alert due to fears of the virus spreading. – News
- As the state of New South Wales prepares to extend the lockdown, there is a call for stricter restrictions. – News
- Vaccine specialists advise patients in outbreak areas to get their second vaccination as soon as possible. COVID-19 dosage from AstraZeneca. – ABC
- A millionaire was punished after allegedly departing the state of New South Wales on a superyacht. – News
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: