ASX Today: rise & shine – US markets bounce back as gold cascades
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
US Exchange Overnight
The Dow Jones moved higher with a +0.031% move or +10.59 points, and the S&P 500 followed with a +0.19% gain or +7.86 points overnight. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, up +0.59% overnight or +80.82 points. This may impact local tech stocks today. Visit our Live Tracker here.
- Tesla (TSLA) up overnight with a +2.39% gain or +14.44 dollar,
- Apple (AAPL) Shares down overnight with a -0.04% drop or -0.05 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) green overnight with a +0.19% gain or +6.11 dollars per share,
- Zadar Ventures Ltd (ZADDF) the highest loser overnight with a -84.92% drop or -0.7388 dollars,
- Proshares Trust II Ultra VIX SHT TRM… (UVXY) the highest gainer overnight with a +832.03% gain or +34.03 dollars per share.
Today, the Australian stock market appears to be on track to recoup some of yesterday’s losses on the ASX today. The ASX 200 is likely to begin 13 points or 0.2 percent higher this morning, according to the latest SPI futures.
May 26th ASX recap (LInk here)
Today marks the last day in four days of gains on the market. The S&P/ASX 200 closing lower today -0.32% or -22.70 points than yesterday, which may be due to growing cases of COVID in Melbourne, ballooning to fifteen after six new cases were confirmed today.
What stocks to watch today
Great Boulder Resources Limited (GBR.ASX)
Trading Halts (Thursday)
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Suvo Strategic Minerals (SUV.ASX) – project update
Metro Mining (MMI.ASX) – finance facility
Memphasys (MEM.ASX) – capital raising
VRX Silica (VRX.ASX) – project update
- Brent Crude Oil up +0.45% to a total of $68.78 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore prices remain $191 (USD/MT)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium prices down -0.16% to a total of $31.10 (USD/LBS) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up Gold experienced a decline of -0.13% to a price of $1,896 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper up today with a +0.22% gain to a price of $4.53 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver down overnight with a -1.14% move to a price of $27.67 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Understand Mining Grade Results
A company has just released an announcement with base metal findings, energy, fertilizers, or precious metals in most scenarios. But you are left unsure whether the announcement is even good news or bad news! The team at DavidBeshay has created an easy guide for you to print out and track if a company has released good or bad grades to help you invest. Click the image below:
Bitcoin soared back above $40,000 for the first time this week on Wednesday, before slipping off its highs, as the cryptocurrency market’s recent volatility showed no signs of abating.
Bitcoin: US$39,025.29 up +2.17% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,836.22 up +6.02% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.347645 up +0.32% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
- Three persons have been arrested in Italy due to the cable car catastrophe, which was caused by patchwork repairs. – ABC
- A shooting at a rail yard in California has left at least eight people dead. – 9 News
- Victoria is preparing for a possible shutdown to contain Melbourne Covid cases. – The Guardian
- After six new COVID-19 cases, the Melbourne cluster has grown to 15. – 9 News
- How Australia’s COVID vaccine deployment fell short, leaving us “in a dangerous position. – ABC News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market