ASX Today: rise & shine – US markets and commodities bounce back as Gold soars
Happy Friday and here is today’s morning wrap up:
US Exchange Overnight
The Dow Jones moved higher with a +0.41% move or +141.59 points, and the S&P 500 followed with a +0.12% gain or +4.89 points overnight. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, down -0.013% overnight or -1.72 points. This may impact local tech stocks today. Visit our Live Tracker here.
- Tesla (TSLA) up overnight with a +1.89% gain or +11.72 dollar,
- Apple (AAPL) Shares down overnight with a -1.24% drop or -1.57 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) red overnight with a -1.07% drop or -35.05 dollars per share,
- Zadar Ventures Ltd (ZADDF) remains the highest loser overnight with a -84.92% drop or -0.7388 dollars,
- Wall Street Media Co Inc (WSCO) the highest gainer overnight with a +172.73% gain or +0.1900 dollars per share.
Following overnight advances in the US market, the local market is projected to open slightly higher.
May 27th ASX recap (LInk here)
A last-minute sell-off on the S&P/ASX 200 caused a turbulent end to today’s trading, however on the close, it edged a little higher than yesterday’s close, closing green with a small gain of +0.03% or +2.40 points. Meanwhile, the information and Technology sector gained traction.
What stocks to watch today
Great Boulder Resources Limited (GBR.ASX)
Aeris Resources Limited (AIS.ASX)
Trading Halts (Friday)
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Peninsula Energy (PEN.ASX) – capital raising
Strike Resources (SRK.ASX) – capital raising
Dacian Gold (DCN.ASX) – capital raising
Volt Resources (VRC.ASX) – capital raising
- Brent Crude Oil up +1.06% to a total of $69.47 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore prices down -4.19% to a price of $183 (USD/MT)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium prices up +0.48% to a total of $31.25 (USD/LBS) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up Gold experienced a lift of +0.02% to a price of $1,896.20 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper up today with a +3.09% gain to a price of $4.67 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver up overnight with a +0.58% move to a price of $27.83 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Understand Mining Grade Results
A company has just released an announcement with base metal findings, energy, fertilizers, or precious metals in most scenarios. But you are left unsure whether the announcement is even good news or bad news! The team at DavidBeshay has created an easy guide for you to print out and track if a company has released good or bad grades to help you invest. Click the image below:
Bitcoin soared back above $40,000 for the first time this week on Wednesday, before slipping off its highs, as the cryptocurrency market’s recent volatility showed no signs of abating.
Bitcoin: US$38,873.50 down -0.46% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,771.63 down -2.28% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.335684 down -3.68% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.67 down -3.10% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.425884 down -3.56% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
- In a dispute with a passenger, a flight attendant loses her teeth, but passengers are split on who is at fault. – 7 News
- Lisa Shaw, a BBC presenter, died at the age of 44 after getting the AstraZeneca COVID vaccine. – 7 News
- Joe Biden is being accused by China of politicising COVID-19’s origins. – ABC News
- Victoria declares a seven-day lockdown due to a Coronavirus outbreak in Melbourne. – The Guardian
- Visitors to Victoria are required to adhere to stay-at-home rules in NSW. – News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market