ASX Today: rise & shine – US markets bounce back as crude oil prices falls
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
Apple (+1.8 percent), Amazon (+0.6 percent), 3M (+1.5 percent), and Oracle (+3.6 percent) were among the best-performing stocks on Wednesday. However, shares of Chevron (-1.0%) and Goldman Sachs (-0.6%) fell as oil prices fell, and decreasing bond yields weighed on Goldman Sachs (-0.6%).
The Dow Jones moved higher Wednesday with a +0.30% move or +104.42 points. The S&P 500 also, moving +0.34% or +14.59 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq gained overnight, closing with a +0.01% gain or +1.42 points.
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Thursday Higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 11 points or 0.15 percent higher today, according to the latest SPI futures.
Previous Day ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
The ASX 200 increased its gains Wednesday afternoon, rising 65 points, or 0.9 percent, to 7,326. The rise was not only close to an intra-day high, but it was also more than enough to reverse Tuesday’s 0.73 percent drop. Despite considerable losses in energy companies, a shaky lead from Wall Street, and vastly lower commodity prices, this was the case.
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch for the ASX today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of the previous trading, day Gainers click here.
Bitcoin: US$34,222.62 +1.04% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,334.75 +1.59% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.230242 -0.40% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Day trading Thread Now Open – July 8th
Each trading day, we feature breakfast from around the world as we discuss which trading opportunities present themselves. Today we discover traditional Lebanon’s food. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Cirralto (ASX:CRO) – customer referral agreement
Aldoro Resources (ASX:ARN) – project update
Mako Gold (ASX:MKG) – capital raising
Fertoz (ASX:FTZ) – capital raising
Crater Gold Mining (ASX:CGN) – acquisition
|Brent Crude Oil||73.38||76.03||-1.79%||USD/BBL|
- As south-west Sydney confronts stricter restrictions, NSW is bracing for a surge in cases. – News
- The United States and European governments have condemned Iran’s decision to produce uranium metal. – Ajazeera
- In Israel, a Pfizer vaccination has been found to prevent serious sickness as Delta cases spread. – News
- The lockdown in Greater Sydney will be prolonged until July 16th. – News
- Mum died after becoming ‘trapped’ inside a charity clothing bin in a shopping centre parking lot. – News
- A new fast spreading Covid strain has hit Australia. – News
- Despite pressure on the state government to lift restrictions, experts believe the Sydney lockdown may need to be extended. – News
- Australia has paid AstraZeneca hundreds of millions of dollars for COVID-19 vaccinations. However, the agreement is a ‘national security’ secret. – ABC
- A deal has been made to liberate a ship that had been blocking the Suez Canal. – 9 News
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: