ASX Today: Rise & Shine, US Markets Down ASX To Follow
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
US Exchange Overnight
The Dow Jones shed its gains overnight, losing -0.78% or -267.13 points and the S&P 500 followed, losing a total of -0.85% or -35.46 points overnight. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, lost a total of –0.56% or -75.41 points. This may impact local tech stocks today. Visit our Live Tracker here.
- Tesla (TSLA) bounced +0.18% or +1.04 dollars,
- Apple (AAPL) dropped further with a -1.12% drop or -1.42 dollars,
- Walt Disney (DIS) dived further today, down -0.24% or -0.40 dollars.
The Australian stock market is expected to have another disappointing trading day on Wednesday. The ASX 200 is forecast to open the day lower this morning, following Wall Street losses.
Yesterday’s ASX recap (LInk here)
S&P/ASX 200 finished the day with the highest close in 3 days, a positive gain of +0.60% or +42.40 points.
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch out for today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of the 18th of May, Gainers click here.
Trading Halts Today (Wednesday):
Great Boulder Resources (GBR.ASX) – capital raising
Agrimin (AMN.ASX) – offtake agreement
EML Payments (EML.ASX) – response to Ireland regulations
Tymlez (TYM.ASX) – capital raising
Boadicea Resources (BOA.ASX) – capital raising
BPM Minerals (BPM.ASX) – asset acquisition
Latitude Consolidated (LCD.ASX) – resource update
New Listing Today
Lithium Energy Limited (LEL.ASX) – 19 May 2021 12:00PM AEST
|Listing date||19 May 2021 12:00 PM AEST ##|
|Company contact details||https://www.lithiumenergy.com.au/|
Ph: (08) 9214 9737
|Principal Activities||Mineral exploration and development|
|GICS industry group||TBA|
|Issue Type||Ordinary Fully Paid Shares|
|Capital to be Raised||$9,000,000|
Brent Crude Oil
Brent crude oil down overnight by -1.6% to US$68.44 per barrel, according to live Commsec data.
Iron Ore prices up overnight with a +1.46% gain to a price of $208.50 (USD/MT), according to live Commsec data.
According to Market Index, Copper down -0.36% overnight, closing to a price of $4.71 USD/lb. Copper has a total of 50.59% return in 1 year! We will shortly provide a link with all Copper stocks on the ASX.
Uranium prices remain the same with a price of $30.95 (USD/LBS), according to live Commsec data. The uranium stocks to keep on your watch list are:
GTI Resources Limited (GTR.ASX)
Thor Mining (THR.ASX)
Alligator Energy Limited (AGE.ASX)
Silver down -0.24% overnight to a price of $28.27 USD according to CNBC.
- According to a poll, almost a third of adult Australians believe they are unlikely to get the COVID vaccine. – The Sydney Morning Herald
- ‘A senior Islamist commander was killed in an Israeli airstrike,’ according to reports. – Daily Mail
- The Australian man who died in India from COVID-19. – 7 News
- Hundreds of people flee as a 70-story building in China’s south shakes. – 9 News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.