ASX Today: rise & shine – US markets rebound overnight
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
After three days of steep falls, the stock market bounced back on Monday. The energy sector was up 4.3%, and industrials were up 2.2% among the 11 S&P sectors. On Tuesday, investors will await testimony from the Federal Reserve Chair.
Overnight the US markets bounced. The Dow Jones moved higher overnight with a +1.76% move or +586.89 points. The S&P 500 followed overnight, moving +1.40% or +58.34 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was up overnight, with a +0.79% gain or +111.10 points.
- Tesla (TSLA) down overnight with a -0.40% loss or -2.48 dollars,
- Apple (AAPL) up overnight with a +1.41% gain or +1.84 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) down overnight with a -0.94% loss or -32.94 dollars per share,
- Microsoft (MSFT) up overnight with a +1.23% gain or +3.20 dollars per share,
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Tuesday higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 89.00 points or 1.24 percent higher today, according to the latest SPI futures.
On the ASX today, the S&P/ASX 200 opened lower and moved even lower before recovering to a close of 7235.300 with a -1.81% or -133.60 points, bouncing from a low of 7216.600. Fears of inflation and concerns that US interest rates may begin to rise sooner than expected as the economy continues to show significant signs of improvement drove the market into a selling frenzy. Aussie shares experienced their biggest setback in a month.
Bitcoin: US$31,758.94 down -10.67% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$1,889.84 down -16.32% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.192870 down -31.24% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch for the ASX today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of the previous trading, day Gainers click here.
Day trading Thread Now Open – June 22nd
Each trading day, we feature breakfast from around the world as we discuss which trading opportunities present themselves. Today we discover a traditional Australian breakfast. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Admiralty Resources (ASX:ADY) – capital raising
Suda Pharmaceuticals (ASX:SUD) – capital raising
Montem Resources (ASX:MR1) – project report
Ragnar Metals (ASX:RAG) – exploration results
Strickland Metals (ASX:STK) – acquisition
Atrum Coal (ASX:ATU) – project report
TNT Mines (ASX:TIN) – exploration results
Silk Laser (ASX:SLA) – capital raising
Auctus (ASX:AVC) – capital raising
Vanadium Resources (ASX:VR8) – preliminary feasibility study results
M8 Sustainable (ASX:M8S) – capital raising
Sayona Mining (ASX:SYA) – NAL bid update
Little Green Pharma (ASX:LGP) – capital raising
|Brent Crude Oil||74.63||73.29||1.29%||USD/BBL|
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the Day Trading team! Click the image to join.
- Officials in New South Wales have warned of a ‘scarily fleeting’ situation. Transmission of Covid-19. – News
- There is a significant difference between McDonald’s in the United States and McDonald’s around the world. – News
- COVID cases in NSW are on the rise, and Barnaby Joyce has been sworn in as deputy prime minister following the Nationals’ leadership change. – SMH
- As states tighten their borders, South Australia has joined Queensland in prohibiting visitors from Sydney’s Waverly Council. – 9 News
- Dong Jingwei, a Chinese spy, ‘defects to the West while delivering Covid secrets.’ – News
- The Premier has refused to rule out imposing additional limitations on NSW. – News
- The UK is attacked by a ‘third covid wave,’ as the Delta type spreads throughout more than 80% of the country. – News
- The NSW COVID outbreak has prompted a testing alert, with the Premier aiming for 40,000 swabs each day. – ABC
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: