ASX Today: rise & shine – US markets subdued as tech stocks rally
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
The Dow Jones moved lower overnight with a -0.36% move or -126.15 points, and the S&P 500 followed overnight with a -0.080% loss or -3.37 points. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, up overnight as popular meme stocks were the pick, with a +0.49% gain or +67.23 points. Popular meme stocks included AMC Entertainment (AMC) and Gamestop (GME) was rising.
Post your thought on our new DB Stock Forum – Sign up free here.
- Tesla (TSLA) up overnight with a +1.01% gain or +6.08 dollar,
- Apple (AAPL) Shares up overnight with a +0.01% gain or +0.01 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) down overnight with a -0.26% loss or -8.21 dollars per share,
- Microsoft (MSFT) up overnight with a +1.20% gain or +3.02 dollars per share,
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start the week slightly higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 5 points or 0.07 percent higher, according to the latest SPI futures.
June 7th ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
An end to the S&P/ASX 200 winning streak as Victoria reported 11 new cases of Covid. The ASX200 closed the day -0.19% or -13.50 points. Concerns among investors arose as AUSTRAC investigates NAB, Crown, Star, and Skycity for potential money laundering breaches.
What stocks to watch today
DB Stock Forum 2.0
Due to feedback received, we have now re-designed our new DB Stock Forum 2.0. Our first forum had some issues; since then, we have created a new forum that is easier to use and faster. We are in the process of merging the users onto our new forum. However. For those who haven’t yet signed up for free. Feel free to create a FREE account by clicking here
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Ora Banda Mining (OBM.ASX) – capital raising
Doriemus (DOR.ASX) – capital raising
Globe Metals and Mining (GBE.ASX) – Malawi Mineral Lease application
Queensland Pacific Metals (QPM.ASX) – off-take and funding agreement
BlackEarth Minerals (BEM.ASX) – transaction
Torrens Mining (TRN.ASX) – exploration update
Zeus Resources (ZEU.ASX) – capital raising
PYC Therapeutics (PYC.ASX) – clinical results
Coda Minerals (COD.ASX) – exploration update
Bluglass (BLG.ASX) – capital raising
Superloop (SLC.ASX) – capital raising and acquisition
- Brent Crude Oil down -0.68% to a total of $71.38 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Crude Oil down -0.53% to a total of $69.28 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore price down -0.48% to a total of $208 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Palladium price down -0.21% to a total of $2,833.66 (USD/t oz) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Coal up +3.95% to a total of $111.75 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium up +0.47% today, to a price of $31.75 (USD/LBS)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up, Gold increased +0.53% to a price of $1,898.95 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper up +1.57% closing to a price of $4.54 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver up +0.47% to a price of $27.87 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Bitcoin positive this week as the popular cryptocurrency tries to recover, here are the latest prices:
Bitcoin: US$34,219.80 down -4.14% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,632.30 down -2.31% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.343504 down -7.14% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.61 down -3.82% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.358328 down -5.20% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the DB team! Click the image on the right to join now.
Day Trade The Dream
Day Trade the Dream is rated 5 stars by our readers and is perfect for those interested in learning how traders can turn their computer into money-making machines; day trading has become hugely popular in 2021, with more than 300,000 new users entering the market. So it makes perfect sense to get the ultimate edge and learn the secrets and techniques Day traders use to make money from the market. Most traders lose money, and by investing your time into education, you can better understand why. Click the image beside this text to order your copy.
- The US Justice Department has seized millions of dollars from Darkside (Russian hackers). – News
- 310 Victorian Covid-19 exposure sites include McDonald’s eateries and Chemist Warehouse outlets. – News
- Victoria has reported nine more local cases; more exposure locations have been added. Melbourne’s lockdown could be extended thanks to a Delta variant. – The Age
- Lilibet ‘Lili’ Diana is welcomed into the new family as Harry and Meghan’s second child. – 9 News
- The trial for Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 has reached a critical stage, with judges set to hear evidence against the accused. – 9 News
- Victoria’s lockdown could be extended due to a new strain. – News
- Plans for a probe into the Covid-19 leak from a Chinese lab by Donald Trump. – News
- Melbourne has been in lockdown for the 11th day as a result of a failed vaccination distribution. – Guardian
- Since the outbreak of the pandemic, the first cruise ship has sailed through Venice. – 9 News
- The Prime Minister will today announce money for a quarantine facility in Victoria. – 9 News
- The federal government backs Victorian proposal for a purpose-built coronavirus quarantine hub. – ABC
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: