ASX Today: rise & shine – US markets up as covid lingers over Aussie markets
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
Dow Jones futures, as well as S&P 500 and Nasdaq futures, all climbed modestly on Sunday evening. Last week, the stock market rebounded strongly across the board, with the Nasdaq and S&P 500 setting new highs and numerous leaders breaking out or offering early access.
As the economy and society begin to settle into a post-pandemic “new normal,” the market rally may take on a healthy tone. The Dow Jones moved higher overnight with a +0.69% move or +237.020 points. The S&P 500 followed overnight, moving +0.33% or +14.210 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was down overnight, closing with a -0.06% loss or -9.32 points.
- Tesla (TSLA) down overnight with a -1.17% loss or -7.95 dollars,
- Apple (AAPL) down overnight with a -0.22% loss or -0.30 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) down overnight with a -1.38% loss or -47.62 dollars per share,
- Microsoft (MSFT) down overnight with a -0.63% loss or -1.67 dollars per share,
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Monday higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 5 points or 0.07 percent higher today, according to the latest SPI futures.
Australian markets followed US markets into the green today as President Biden has endorsed a bipartisan Senate agreement on infrastructure funding at $1.2 trillion. On the ASX today, the S&P/ASX 200 moved +0.45% or +32.70 points to 7308.00. Key commodities turned green today.
Bitcoin: US$34,244.55 up +7.36% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$1,945.57 up +8.21% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.252082 up +4.59% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch for the ASX today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of the previous trading, day Gainers click here.
Day trading Thread Now Open – June 28th
Each trading day, we feature breakfast from around the world as we discuss which trading opportunities present themselves. Today we discover traditional Turks & Caicos food. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Warrego Energy (ASX:WGO) – capital raising
Geopacific Resources (ASX:GPR) – project financing
Creso Pharma (ASX:CPH) – sales and revenue update
Hydrix (ASX:HYD) – AngelMed distribution update
Proteomics (ASX:PIQ) – conference presentatio
DigitalX (ASX:DCC) – revenue recognition update
Matador Mining (ASX:MZZ) – capital raising
Mineral Commodities (ASX:MRC) – capital raising
|Brent Crude Oil||76.17||76.1||0.09%||USD/BBL|
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the Day Trading team! Click the image to join.
- As mask-wearing becomes mandatory in Queensland, two more local cases have been reported. – News
- Coogee South Primary School has four children who have tested positive. – News
- NSW bracing for more cases as Scott Morrison to call urgent cabinet meeting. – News
- In China, Tesla is recalling roughly 300,000 cars due to a cruise control safety problem. – 9 News
- Years before the building in Florida collapsed, an engineer voiced concerns about serious structural deterioration. – 9 News
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: