ASX Today: rise & shine – US markets up overnight as ASX nears the end of a positive month
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
US Exchange Overnight
The Dow Jones moved higher with a +0.19% move or +64.81 points and the S&P 500 followed with a +0.077% gain or +3.23 points overnight. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, down +0.091% overnight or +12.46 points. This may impact local tech stocks today. Visit our Live Tracker here.
- Tesla (TSLA) down overnight with a -0.89% loss or -5.63 dollar,
- Apple (AAPL) Shares down overnight with a -0.53% drop or -0.67 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) red overnight with a -0.22% drop or -7.04 dollars per share,
- 1847 Goedeker Inc (GOED) highest loser overnight with a -70.02% drop or -4.25 dollars,
- Vertex Energy Inc (VTNR) the highest gainer overnight with a +95.74% gain or +3.82 dollars per share.
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start the week slightly higher. The ASX 200 is forecast to open the day 6 points or 0.1 percent higher, according to the latest SPI futures.
May 28th ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
Optimistic close today as the S&P/ASX 200 surged into the close, with a +1.19% gain or +84.60 points as Iron Ore prices follow. Today, most sectors today green apart from the Information Technology sector, which tumbled after a day of gains yesterday.
What stocks to watch today
Great Boulder Resources Limited (GBR.ASX)
Trading Halts (Monday)
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
3D Resources (DDD.ASX) – capital raising
Centaurus Metals (CTM.ASX) – scoping study results
Immuron (IMC.ASX) – acquisition
Prominence Energy (PRM.ASX) – capital raising and project update
DevEx Resources (DEV.ASX) – capital raising
Kingwest Resources (KWR.ASX) – capital raising
- Brent Crude Oil down -0.07% to a total of $69.47 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore prices up +0.52% to a price of $193.50 (USD/MT)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium prices up +0.32% to a total of $31.40 (USD/LBS) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up Gold experienced a lift of +0.26% to a price of $1,903.20 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper up today with a +0.21% gain to a price of $4.68 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver up overnight with a +0.14% move to a price of $27.94 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Understand Mining Grade Results
A company has just released an announcement with base metal findings, energy, fertilizers, or precious metals in most scenarios. But you are left unsure whether the announcement is even good news or bad news! The team at DavidBeshay has created an easy guide for you to print out and track if a company has released good or bad grades to help you invest. Click the image below:
Bitcoin soared back above $40,000 for the first time this week on Wednesday, before slipping off its highs, as the cryptocurrency market’s recent volatility showed no signs of abating.
Bitcoin: US$36,107.70 up +4.40% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,434.18 up +7.48% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.303484 up +1.66% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.62 up +16.89% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.380275 down +4.48% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
- During a trip to New Zealand, Scott Morrison alluded to a Pacific travel bubble. – News
- Authorities in Victoria have added dozens of new exposure sites as they look for the source of the mystery case.’ – 9 News
- As flooding rages through New Zealand’s South Island, residents in Canterbury have been forced to flee their homes. – 7 News
- Protests over Brazil’s COVID policy have been large. – Perth Now
- China launches a cargo rocket to the International Space Station. – Perth Now
- Lisa Shaw, a BBC presenter, died at 44 after getting the AstraZeneca COVID vaccine. – 7 News
- Joe Biden is being accused by China of politicising COVID-19’s origins. – ABC News
- Victoria declares a seven-day lockdown due to a Coronavirus outbreak in Melbourne. – The Guardian
- Visitors to Victoria are required to adhere to stay-at-home rules in NSW. – News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market