ASX Today: rise & shine – US mixed market as oil prices fall
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
Investors absorbed economic data as well as testimony from the Fed chair on Wednesday, and the results were mixed. Bank of America’s stock dropped 2.5 percent as a result of the company’s recent earnings.
The Dow Jones moved higher with a +0.13% move or +44.44 points. The S&P 500 also up, moving +0.12% or +5.09 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq down overnight, closing with a -0.22% loss or -32.70 points.
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Thursday lower. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 10 points or 0.14 percent lower today, according to the latest SPI futures.
Previous Day ASX Wrap Up (LInk here)
On Wednesday, the Australian stock market finished higher, with the ASX200 index up 22.6 points, or 0.31 percent, to 7354.7. Despite the fact that almost all sectors improved, buy-now-pay-later stocks such as $APT and $Z1P fell 10% on reports that Apple is considering entering the BNPL industry.
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch for the ASX today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of the previous trading, day Gainers click here.
Bitcoin: US$32,990.46 +1.63% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,007.87 +4.04% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.198979 +0.10% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data)
Day trading Thread Now Open – July 15th
Each trading day, we feature breakfast from around the world as we discuss which trading opportunities present themselves. Today we discover traditional Moldova’s food. Click here to post your thoughts.
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Castillo Copper (ASX:CCZ) – exploration results
BSP Financial (ASX:BFL) – PNG legal action
Swift Media (ASX:SW1) – price query
Tian Poh Resources (ASX:TPO) – director appointment
Matsa Resources (ASX:MAT) – capital raising
Whitefield (ASX:WHF) – capital raising
Los Cerros (ASX:LCL) – capital raising
OceanaGold (ASX:OGC) – Didipio Mine update
EROAD (ASX:ERD) – capital raising
Carnavale Resources (ASX:CAV) – drilling results
|Brent Crude Oil||74.5||75.57||-2.45%||USD/BBL|
- The required mask regulation has been reinstated as Victoria’s COVID-19 exposure locations and case numbers escalate. – ABC
- A nurse at Sydney’s Westmead Hospital has tested positive for COVID-19, and a positive case has also been found at Liverpool Hospital. – ABC
- Three communities in remote NSW have been placed on high alert due to fears of the virus spreading. – News
- As the state of New South Wales prepares to extend the lockdown, there is a call for stricter restrictions. – News
- Vaccine specialists advise patients in outbreak areas to get their second vaccination as soon as possible. COVID-19 dosage from AstraZeneca. – ABC
- A millionaire was punished after allegedly departing the state of New South Wales on a superyacht. – News
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic test flight has successfully launched into space. – ABC
- The Taliban claim to rule 85 percent of Afghanistan, sparking a refugee exodus. – ABC
- After a wet weekend in Perth, expect more violent storms. – 9 News
- The number of Covid-19 cases in NSW is anticipated to reach 100 today. – News
- Heavy rain is expected to continue over the weekend in NSW. – 9 News
- Employers will search the online histories of more than two million Australians. – News
- NSW is considering allowing Delta to roam freely in the community. News
- On Friday, NSW Police will undertake a large operation in south-western Sydney to ensure that public health orders are followed. – ABC
- During the third week of Sydney’s lockdown, more people will get a $500 assistance payment. – News
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: