ASX Today: rise & shine – volatile week as crypto markets spirals downwards
Good morning and happy Monday!
Here is today’s morning wrap up:
US Exchange Overnight
Billions of dollars slashed the crypto market’s value as a result of the market’s instability. According to data provider CoinMarket, the global crypto market has dropped 9% in the last 24 hours.
The Dow Jones gained +0.36% or +123.69 points, and the S&P 500 lost –0.078% or +3.26 points overnight. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, down overnight, losing -0.48% or -64.75 points. This may impact local tech stocks today. Visit our Live Tracker here.
- Tesla (TSLA) dropped overnight with a -1.01% or -5.90 dollars loss,
- Apple (AAPL) Shares lost overnight with a -1.48% drop or -1.88 dollars,
- Amazon (AMZN) Lost -1.37% overnight or shed -44.60 dollars per share,
- Big Rock Partners Acquisition Corp (BRPA) the highest loser overnight with a -27.73% drop or -8.56 dollars,
- Annovis Bio inc (ANVS) the highest gainer overnight with a +127.27% gain or 33.60 dollars per share.
The Australian stock market is expected to have a slow start to the week. Following a mixed finish on Wall Street, the ASX 200 is anticipated to open the week 5 points or 0.1% lower this morning, according to the latest SPI futures.
Friday’s ASX recap (LInk here)
A very eventful roller-coaster day as the S&P/ASX 200 bounced around as the day went on but eventually closing in the green, moving a small +0.15% or +10.70 points.
What stocks to watch today
The stocks to watch out for today are yesterday’s best gainers; these are listed on our daily wrap-up of each trading day. For a wrap-up of previous trading day Gainers click here.
Trading Halts Today (Monday):
Lucapa Diamond Company (LOM.ASX) – capital raising and acquisition
Mayur Resources (MRL.ASX) – capital raising
Dynamic Drill & Blast (DDB.ASX) – capital raising
Jayex Healthcare (JHL.ASX) – capital raising
Australian Bauxite (ABX.ASX) – capital raising
Australian Potash (APC.ASX) – capital raising
Zeotech (ZEO.ASX) – capital raising
- Brent Crude Oil down -0.24% to a total of $66.57 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore down -3.9% overnight to a price of $197 (USD/MT)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium price remaining the same to a total of $31.15 (USD/LBS) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up Gold experienced a loss of -0.04% to a price of $1880.39 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper down again -0.88% to a price of $4.50 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver down overnight with a -0.04% move to a price of $27.53 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Understand Mining Grade Results
A company has just released an announcement with base metal findings, energy, fertilizers, or precious metals in most scenarios. But you are left unsure whether the announcement is even good news or bad news! The team at DavidBeshay has created an easy guide for you to print out and track if a company has released good or bad grades to help you invest. Click the image below:
Since the turbulence, bitcoin (BTC-USD), ethereum (ETH-USD), and dogecoin (DOGE-USD) have struggled to return to their April highs, with prices bouncing up and down throughout the week.
Bitcoin: US$34,256.09 down -8.83% in 24hrs,
Ethereum: US$2,076.61 down -10.95% in 24hrs,
Dogecoin: US$0.310570 down -10.26% in 24hrs.
- At a house party in New Jersey, a gunman opened fire on hundreds of people. – News
- How Australia’s COVID vaccine deployment fell short, leaving us “in a dangerous position. – ABC News
- Following China’s tough shift, major cryptocurrencies have taken a fall. – News
- Experts predict additional losses for Qantas as the airline struggles to cope with the COVID-19 outbreak. – News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market