ASX today – wrap up, ASX markets fall as infant formula rises, and RBA holds the policy
Good afternoon! Here is a quick summary:
The S&P/ASX 200 fell for the second day, closing the day in the red with a fall of -0.27% or -19.00 points. At the same time, the RBA continues to keep rates the same. Baby formula was hot today, with BUB.ASX and A2M.ASX surging based on China’s newly announced three-child policy.
(Recap From 1st June Rise & Shine)
US Exchange Closed Memorial day
(The Recap) The Dow Jones moved higher with a +0.19% move or +64.81 points and the S&P 500 followed with a +0.077% gain or +3.23 points overnight. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, down +0.091% overnight or +12.46 points. This may impact local tech stocks today. Visit our Live Tracker here.
Tesla (TSLA) down overnight with a -0.89% loss or -5.63 dollar,
Apple (AAPL) Shares down overnight with a -0.53% drop or -0.67 dollars,
Amazon (AMZN) red overnight with a -0.22% drop or -7.04 dollars per share,
1847 Goedeker Inc (GOED) highest loser overnight with a -70.02% drop or -4.25 dollars,
Vertex Energy Inc (VTNR) the highest gainer overnight with a +95.74% gain or +3.82 dollars per share.
(Recap From 1st June Rise & Shine)
On Tuesday, the Australian stock market is expected to fall. According to the latest SPI future, the ASX 200 is forecast to open the day 43 points lower, or 0.6 percent down. This is even though the US and UK markets are closed for the holidays.
Today on the ASX Wrap up:
- Reece Limited (REH.ASX) Moving the highest today with a +3.22% move and closing to $21.140 per share.
- TPG Telecom (TPG.ASX) Biggest loser today, declining -1.73% and closing to a price of $5.120 per share.
- Afterpay Limited (APT.ASX) up today, moving +0.24% and closing to a total of $93.00 per share.
- Xero Limited (XRO.ASX) down today with a -0.78% loss and closing to a total of $131.620 per share.
- Qantas Airways (QAN.ASX) remained the same, closing to $4.710 per share.
- Commonwealth Bank (CBA.ASX) down today with a -0.26% move closing to $99.460 per share price.
- For those who would like to understand mining grades, we have created a handy printout guide. Click here.
Today the Financials sector weighed down the market. The XFJ trimming -0.72% today with the biggest losers being:
- IOOF Holdings Ltd (IFL.ASX) down the most today with a -2.53% loss and closing to a price of $3.850 per share.
- Credit Corp Group Ltd (CCP.ASX) second-biggest loser today with a -1.76% loss and closing to a price of $28.420 per share.
- Brent Crude Oil up +1.44% to a total of $70.30 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore up +4.13% to a price of $201.5 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium up +0.32% today, closing to a price of $31.40 (USD/LBS)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up, Gold lifted +0.4% to a price of $1,915.58 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper up +5.17% closing to a price of $4.68 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver up +0.96% to a price of $28.35 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Trading Halts (Tuesday)
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Odyssey Gold (ODY.ASX) – capital raising
Genetic Technologies (GTG.ASX) – COVID19 test update
Latin Resources (LRS.ASX) – JORC resource
Traka Resources (TKL.ASX) – price query
Trading Halts (Wednesday)
Artemis Resources (ARV.ASX) – capital raising
Synertec (SOP.ASX) – business update
Wisr (WZR.ASX) – capital raising
NSX (NSX.ASX) – capital raising
Invoin (IVX.ASX) – transaction
ReNu Energy (RNE.ASX) – capital raising
Peregrine Gold (PGD.ASX) – exploration results
Surefire Resources (SRN.ASX) – drilling results
Estrella Resources (ESR.ASX) – exploration results
Valor Resources (VAL.ASX) – exploration results
DB Stock Forum 2.0
Due to feedback received, we have now re-designed our new DB Stock Forum 2.0. Our first forum had some issues; since then, we have created a new forum that is easier to use and faster. We are in the process of merging the users onto our new forum. However. For those who haven’t yet signed up for free. Feel free to create an account by clicking here
Bitcoin soared back above $40,000 for the first time this week on Wednesday before slipping off its highs, as the cryptocurrency market’s recent volatility showed no signs of abating.
Bitcoin: US$36,820.26 up +2.63% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,651.07 up +8.28% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.330226 up +8.37% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.72 up +5.90% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.399417 up +1.78% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
- In a shooting outside a US concert, two people were murdered and more than 20 were injured. – 7 News
- In a huge shift, China has announced a new three-child policy. – News
- Second aged care facility in Melbourne is in lockdown after a worker tested positive for COVID 19. – News
- During a trip to New Zealand, Scott Morrison alluded to a Pacific travel bubble. – News
- Authorities in Victoria have added dozens of new exposure sites as they look for the source of the mystery case.’ – 9 News
- As flooding rages through New Zealand’s South Island, residents in Canterbury have been forced to flee their homes. – 7 News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
Understand Mining Grade Results
A company has just released an announcement with base metal findings, energy, fertilizers, or precious metals in most scenarios. But you are left unsure whether the announcement is even good news or bad news! The team at DavidBeshay has created an easy guide for you to print out and track if a company has released good or bad grades to help you invest. Click the image below:
Today’s Biggest Nano – Mid Cap Gainers
Post market we provide an update with the market movers above 5% (nano – mid market cap)
Nano-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today’s ASX Market Wrap up in the Nano ASX Cap gainers. APG finished today up +100% with a market volume of just over ~1.2 million shares traded.
Micro-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today micro-cap gainers. CAD moving the highest with a +30% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~70 million shares traded today.
Small-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 5%
Today small-cap gainers. BUB moving the highest with a +22.39% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~24.4 million shares traded today.
Mid-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 3%
Today mid-cap gainers. PPK moving the highest with a +7.55% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~227 thousand shares traded today.
That is today’s afternoon ASX wrap up, as always safe and happy trading.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market