ASX today – wrap up, end to winning streak as Covid fears
Good afternoon! Here is a quick summary:
An end to the S&P/ASX 200 winning streak as Victoria reported 11 new cases of Covid. The ASX200 closed the day -0.19% or -13.50 points. Concerns among investors arose as AUSTRAC investigates NAB, Crown, Star, and Skycity for potential money laundering breaches.
(Recap From 7th June Rise & Shine)
The Dow Jones moved higher overnight with a +0.52% move or +179.35 points, and the S&P 500 followed overnight with a +0.88% rise or +37.04 points. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, also up overnight with a +1.47% gain or +199.98 points. In addition, the recent report shows that leisure and hospitality gained +292k jobs, construction -20k, manufacturing +23k and retail -6k.
Post your thought on our new DB Stock Forum – Sign up free here.
Tesla (TSLA) up overnight with a +4.58% gain or +26.21 dollar,
Apple (AAPL) Shares up overnight with a +1.90% gain or +2.35 dollars,
Amazon (AMZN) up overnight with a +0.60% gain or +19.21 dollars per share,
Microsoft (MSFT) up overnight with a +2.07% gain or +5.08 dollars per share,
(Recap From 4th June Rise & Shine)
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start the week slightly higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 7 points or 0.1 percent higher, according to the latest SPI futures.
Today on the ASX Wrap up:
Financials Sector (XFJ) -1.07%
- AMP Ltd (AMP.ASX) Moving the highest in the financials sector today, with a +2.17% move and closing to $1.175 per share.
- National Australia Bank ltd (NAB.ASX) Biggest loser today in the financials sector, declining -3.16% and closing to a price of $26.640 per share.
Information Technology (XIJ) +2.80%
- Altium Ltd (ALU.ASX) Moving the highest in the information technology sector today, with a +39.03% move and closing to $37.830 per share.
- NEXTDC Limited (NXT.ASX) biggest loser today in the information technology sector, moving -1.18% and closing to a price of $10.870 per share.
Materials Sector (XMJ) -0.04%
- Silver Lake Resources Ltd (SLR.ASX) Moving the highest in the materials sector today, with a +2.02% move and closing to $1.765 per share.
- Lynas Rare Earths Ltd (LYC.ASX) Biggest loser today in the materials sector, declining -2.94% and closing to a price of $5.280 per share.
- Brent Crude Oil down -0.74% to a total of $71.34 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Crude Oil down -0.67% to a total of $69.18 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore down -0.48% to a total of $208 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Palladium up +0.1% to a total of $2,842.57 (USD/t oz) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Coal down -1.56% to a total of $107.50 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium up +0.47% today, to a price of $31.75 (USD/LBS)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up, Gold decreased -0.23% to a price of $1,884.52 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper down -1.1% to a price of $4.49 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver down -0.72% to a price of $27.54 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
DB Stock Forum 2.0
Due to feedback received, we have now re-designed our new DB Stock Forum 2.0. Our first forum had some issues; since then, we have created a new forum that is easier to use and faster. We are in the process of merging the users onto our new forum. However. For those who haven’t yet signed up for free. Feel free to create a FREE account by clicking here
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Neometals (NMT.ASX) – project update
Bryah Resources (BYH.ASX) – capital raising
CZR Resources (CZR.ASX) – capital raising
Riedel Resources (RIE.ASX) – capital raising
1414 Degrees (14D.ASX) – management update
Australian Pacific Coal (AQC.ASX) – modification application
IXUP (IXU.ASX) – acquisition
Ora Banda Mining (OBM.ASX) – capital raising
Doriemus (DOR.ASX) – capital raising
Globe Metals and Mining (GBE.ASX) – Malawi Mineral Lease application
Queensland Pacific Metals (QPM.ASX) – off-take and funding agreement
BlackEarth Minerals (BEM.ASX) – transaction
Bitcoin positive this week as the popular cyrptocurrency tries to recover, here are the latest prices:
Bitcoin: US$36,150.21 up +0.52% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,768.87 up +3.56% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.372423 up +0.59% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.71 up +1.22% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.384512 up +0.55% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the DB team! Click the image on the right to join now.
Day Trade The Dream
Day Trade the Dream is rated 5 stars by our readers and is perfect for those interested in learning how traders can turn their computer into money-making machines; day trading has become hugely popular in 2021, with more than 300,000 new users entering the market. So it makes perfect sense to get the ultimate edge and learn the secrets and techniques Day traders use to make money from the market. Most traders lose money, and by investing your time into education, you can better understand why. Click the image beside this text to order your copy.
- Victoria has reported nine more local cases; more exposure locations have been added. Melbourne’s lockdown could be extended thanks to a Delta variant. – The Age
- Lilibet ‘Lili’ Diana is welcomed into the new family as Harry and Meghan’s second child. – 9 News
- The trial for Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 has reached a critical stage, with judges set to hear evidence against the accused. – 9 News
- Victoria’s lockdown could be extended due to a new strain. – News
- Plans for a probe into the Covid-19 leak from a Chinese lab by Donald Trump. – News
- Melbourne has been in lockdown for the 11th day as a result of a failed vaccination distribution. – Guardian
- Since the outbreak of the pandemic, the first cruise ship has sailed through Venice. – 9 News
- The Prime Minister will today announce money for a quarantine facility in Victoria. – 9 News
- The federal government backs Victorian proposal for a purpose-built coronavirus quarantine hub. – ABC
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
Today’s Biggest Nano – Mid Cap Gainers
Post market we provide an update with the market movers above 5% (nano – mid market cap)
Nano-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today’s ASX Market Wrap up in the Nano ASX Cap gainers. GBE finished today up +271.79% with a market volume of just over ~45.4 million shares traded.
Micro-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today micro-cap gainers. TGN moving the highest with a +20% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~74 thousand shares traded today.
Small-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 5%
Today small-cap gainers. HSN moving the highest with a +22.59% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~2.1 million shares traded today.
Mid-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 3%
Today mid-cap gainers. ALU moving the highest with a +39.03% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~2.8 million shares traded today.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: