ASX today – wrap up, markets closes to a record high for the week
Good afternoon! Here is a quick summary:
The S&P/ASX 200 closed the day just under its new all-time high with a +0.49% lift or +35.30 points; today marks a higher high. The XJO experienced a high of 7300.50 before closing to a value of 7295.40, higher than yesterdays close of 7260. The utility sector gained the most today, with the XUJ experiencing a +1.39% lift. Conversely, the materials sector experienced a loss, with the XMJ falling the most today with a -1.48% loss.
(Recap From 4th June Rise & Shine)
The Dow Jones moved lower with a -0.067% move or -23.34 points, and the S&P 500 declined overnight with a -0.36% loss or -15.27 points. The Nasdaq, Based on technology, also down overnight with a -1.03% loss or -141.82 points. This marks a volatile trading day as strong US economic data reemphasised inflation fears. Post your thought on our new DB Stock Forum – Sign up free here.
Tesla (TSLA) down overnight with a -5.33% loss or -32.28 dollar,
Apple (AAPL) Shares down overnight with a -1.22% loss or -1.52 dollars,
Amazon (AMZN) down overnight with a -1.45% loss or -46.98 dollars per share,
Microsoft (MSFT) down overnight with a -0.64% loss or -1.59 dollars per share,
(Recap From 4th June Rise & Shine)
As Wall Street stumbles across the finish line, the local market is set to open flat today. After iron ore rose again overnight, all eyes are on mining stocks.
Today on the ASX Wrap up:
Energy Sector (XEJ) +1.24%
- Oil Search Ltd (OSH.ASX) Moving the highest in the energy sector today, with a +2.48% move and closing to $4.130 per share.
- Beach Energy Limited (BPT.ASX) Biggest loser today in the energy sector, declining -0.36% and closing to a price of $1.365 per share.
Utilities Sector (XUJ) +1.39%
- Origin Energy (ORG.ASX) Moving the highest in the Utilities sector today, with a +5.36% move and closing to $4.720 per share.
- APA Group (APA.ASX) biggest loser today in the Utilities sector, moving -0.86% and closing to a price of $9.250 per share.
Materials Sector (XMJ) -1.48%
- Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL.ASX) Moving the highest in the materials sector today, with a +2.99% move and closing to $2.410 per share.
- Silver Lake Resources Limited (ALU.ASX) Biggest loser today in the materials sector, declining -8.22% and closing to a price of $1.730 per share.
- Brent Crude Oil up +0.39% to a total of $71.52 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Crude Oil up +0.39% to a total of $69.04 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore up +0.72% to a total of $209 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Palladium down -0.59% to a total of $2,827.20 (USD/t oz) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Coal down -1.22% to a total of $109.20 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium up +0.32% today, to a price of $31.60 (USD/LBS)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up, Gold increased +0.05% to a price of $1,872.74 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper down to a price of $4.48 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver down -0.22% to a price of $27.39 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
DB Stock Forum 2.0
Due to feedback received, we have now re-designed our new DB Stock Forum 2.0. Our first forum had some issues; since then, we have created a new forum that is easier to use and faster. We are in the process of merging the users onto our new forum. However. For those who haven’t yet signed up for free. Feel free to create a FREE account by clicking here
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Nova Minerals Ltd (NVA.ASX) – resource update
Straker Translation (STG.ASX) – capital raising
Castillo Copper (CCZ.ASX) – capital raising
Straker Translations Ltd (STG.ASX) – equity raising
Neometals (NMT.ASX) – project update
Bryah Resources (BYH.ASX) – capital raising
CZR Resources (CZR.ASX) – capital raising
Riedel Resources (RIE.ASX) – capital raising
1414 Degrees (14D.ASX) – management update
Australian Pacific Coal (AQC.ASX) – modification application
IXUP (IXU.ASX) – acquisition
Bitcoin positive this week as the popular cyrptocurrency tries to recover, here are the latest prices:
Bitcoin: US$36,527.07 down -5.62% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,614.24 down -7.45% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.362901 down -14.81% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.65 down -7.26% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.380241 down -10.32% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the DB team! Click the image on the right to join now.
Day Trade The Dream
Day Trade the Dream is rated 5 stars by our readers and is perfect for those interested in learning how traders can turn their computer into money-making machines; day trading has become hugely popular in 2021, with more than 300,000 new users entering the market. So it makes perfect sense to get the ultimate edge and learn the secrets and techniques Day traders use to make money from the market. Most traders lose money, and by investing your time into education, you can better understand why. Click the image beside this text to order your copy.
- Victoria records four new local COVID-19 cases after a Melbourne family with the Delta variant travelled to Jervis Bay. – SMH
- According to the Department of Health in Victoria, there have been eight transmission reports by casual contact in Melbourne. –ABC
- Since the outbreak of the pandemic, the first cruise ship has sailed through Venice. – 9 News
- The Prime Minister will today announce money for a quarantine facility in Victoria. – 9 News
- Donald Trump has demanded that China “pay $10 trillion” for its handling of COVID. – News
- The federal government backs Victorian proposal for a purpose-built coronavirus quarantine hub. – ABC
- Greater Melbourne workers are eligible for Commonwealth payments. – ABC
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
- After less than a month, Donald Trump’s blog is shut down. – 9 News
- A woman has been arrested in connection with a ‘deliberately lit’ fire in Adelaide’s CBD, which injured five people. – 7 News
- During the pandemic, Australians working from home should be aware of the risk of cancer. – 7 News
- Residents in Melbourne have been warned to expect weeks of restrictions after the lockdown lifts. – News
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
Today’s Biggest Nano – Mid Cap Gainers
Post market we provide an update with the market movers above 5% (nano – mid market cap)
Nano-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today’s ASX Market Wrap up in the Nano ASX Cap gainers. CVS finished today up +145.45% with a market volume of just over ~136.5 million shares traded.
Micro-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today micro-cap gainers. PTX moving the highest with a +30.77% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~33.2 million shares traded today.
Small-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 5%
Today small-cap gainers. EOF moving the highest with a +20.27% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~729 thousand shares traded today.
Mid-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 3%
Today mid-cap gainers. ARB moving the highest with a +6.26% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~355 thousand shares traded today.
That is this morning’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: