ASX today – wrap up, S&P/ASX 200 end to the winning streak
Good afternoon! Here is a quick summary:
On the ASX today, the S&P/ASX 200 opened lower than yesterday, losing -27.20 point and 0.37%, as the Australian market followed Wall Street. A slight bounce during mid-day helping the ASX 200 recover from the low of 7341.900 and closing to a value of 7359.00.
(Recap From 17th June Rise & Shine)
Overnight the US markets took a turn ahead of the conclusion of the Federal Reserve’s two-day meeting. The Dow Jones slipped lower overnight with a -0.77% move or -265.66 points. The S&P 500 lost overnight, moving -0.54% or -22.89 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was down overnight, with a -0.24% loss or -33.17 points.
Popular US shares performances:
Tesla (TSLA) up overnight with a +0.92% gain or +5.51 dollars,
Apple (AAPL) up overnight with a +0.39% gain or +0.51 dollars,
Amazon (AMZN) up overnight with a +0.95% gain or +32.12 dollars per share,
Microsoft (MSFT) down overnight with a -0.38% loss or -0.98 dollars per share,
(Recap From 17th June Rise & Shine)
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Thursday higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 6 points or 0.08 percent higher, according to the latest SPI futures.
Today on the ASX Wrap up:
Energy (XEJ) -1.87%
- Ampol Limited (ALD.ASX) Moving the highest in the energy sector today, with a +1.4% move and closing to $29.730 per share.
- Whitehaven Coal Limited (WHC.ASX) Biggest loser today in the energy sector, declining -11.52% and closing to a price of $1.805 per share.
Financials Sector (XFJ) +0.78%
- National Australia Bank Limited (NAB.ASX) up +0.56% and closing to $27.010 per share.
- Commonwealth Bank Of Australia (CBA.ASX) up +1.04% and closing to a price of $105.910 per share.
Information Technology (XIJ) +1.26%
- Afterpay Limited (APT.ASX) up +1.72% and closing to $107.470 per share.
- Computershare Limited (CPU.ASX) up +4.81% and closing to $17.20per share.
|Brent Crude Oil||73.94||0.31%||USD/BBL|
Post Market Thread Now Open
Due to feedback received, we have now re-designed our new DB Stock Forum 2.0. Our first forum had some issues; since then, we have created a new forum that is easier to use and faster. We are in the process of merging the users onto our new forum. However. For those who haven’t yet signed up for free. Feel free to create a FREE account by clicking here
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Firefinch (FFX.ASX) – development partner
Irongate (IAP.ASX) – capital raising and acquisition
King River Resources (KRR.ASX) – pre-feasibility study completion
Wingara (WNR.ASX) – legal correction
Jayride (JAY.ASX) – capital raising
Pentanet (ASX:5GG) – capital raising
BSP Financial Group (ASX:BFL) – regulatory matters in PNG
OreCorp (ASX:ORR) – capital raising
Emperor Energy (ASX:EMP) – capital raising
Creso Pharma (ASX:CPH) – acquisition
Kim Kardashian and Ethereum Max. Why? – Coindesk
Bitcoin: US$39,293.75 down -2.06% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,449.58 down -3.29% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.312129 down -1.73% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the DB team! Click the image beside this text.
- According to ATAGI, the AstraZeneca vaccination should now only be given to people aged 60 and up. – News
- Gladys Berejiklian delivers an update on COVID-19 amid concern that NSW limitations would be reinstated. – 7 News
- Long lines for testing have formed as a result of two new Sydney incidents. –9 News
- As unrest escalates, Israeli airstrikes hit Gaza, and Palestinians retaliate with fire-carrying balloons. – ABC
- Ronaldo’s press conference stunt wiped $5.2 billion off Coca-Cola’s market value. – News
- In the span of 24 hours, Victoria has recorded five new COVID instances. – ABC
- Coronavirus restrictions in Victoria are expected to be lifted today. – News
- ‘It makes no difference,’ says an Australian WWII POW on his 100th birthday. – 9 News
- China has been declared a worldwide security threat by NATO leaders. – 9 News
- When asked about calling Vladimir Putin a “killer” ahead of their meet, Joe Biden responds awkwardly. – News
- Australia and Singapore have agreed to collaborate on developing a ‘safe and calibrated’ travel bubble. – ABC
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
Today’s Biggest Nano – Mid Cap Gainers
Post market we provide an update with the market movers above 5% (nano – mid market cap)
Nano-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today’s ASX Market Wrap up in the Nano ASX Cap gainers. TRM finished today up +72% with a market volume of just over ~15.6 million shares traded.
Micro-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today micro-cap gainers. CRW moving the highest with a +20% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~298 thousand shares traded today.
Small-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 5%
Today small-cap gainers. SWM moving the highest with a +23.75% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~25.5 million shares traded today.
Mid-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 3%
Today mid-cap gainers. NWL moving the highest with a +5.20% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just under ~1.2 million shares traded today.
That is today’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: