ASX today – wrap up, S&P/ASX 200 first-ever highest close
Good afternoon! Here is a quick summary:
Today marks a significant day as the S&P/ASX 200 closed highest it has ever closed with a +0.44% gain or +32.30 points. Closing the day at 7,302.50, previously the highest close was in 2019, closing at 6,684.075.
(Recap From 10th June Rise & Shine)
The Dow Jones moved lower overnight with a -0.44% move or -152.68 points. The S&P 500 followed with a loss overnight with a -0.18% loss or -7.71 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was down overnight as popular meme stocks were the pick, with a -0.095% loss or -13.16 points. Popular meme stocks included World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), flying to a high of 70.72USD before closing to 64.48 USD, up 10.89%.
Post your thought on our new DB Stock Forum – Sign up free here.
Tesla (TSLA) down again overnight with a -0.80% loss or -4.81 dollar,
Apple (AAPL) Shares up overnight with a +0.31% gain or +0.39 dollars,
Amazon (AMZN) up overnight with a +0.52% gain or +17.04 dollars per share,
Microsoft (MSFT) up overnight with a +0.40% gain or +1.02 dollars per share,
(Recap From 10th June Rise & Shine)
TThis morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start the week slightly lower. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 3 points or 0.04 percent lower, according to the latest SPI futures.
Today on the ASX Wrap up:
Real Estate (XRE) +2.34%
- Home Consortium (HMC.ASX) Moving the highest in the real estate sector today, with a +7.23% move and closing to $5.340 per share.
- Kingsland Global Ltd (KLO.ASX) biggest loser today in the real estate sector, moving -44.74% and closing to a price of $0.021per share.
Financials Sector (XFJ) +0.44%
- National Australia Bank Limited (NAB.ASX) up +0.23% and closing to $26.620 per share.
- Commonwealth Bank Of Australia (CBA.ASX) up +0.76% and closing to a price of $101.850 per share.
Energy (XEJ) -1.10%
- Whitehaven Coal Limited (WHC.ASX) Moving the highest in the energy sector today, with a +5.13% move and closing to $2.030 per share.
- Oil Search Limited (OSH.ASX) Biggest loser today in the energy sector, declining -3.33% and closing to a price of $4.070 per share.
- Brent Crude Oil down -0.26% to a total of $71.82 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Crude Oil down -0.14% to a total of $69.59 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore price up +1.9% to a total of $214 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Palladium price down -0.05% to a total of $2,777.18(USD/t oz) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Coal up +1.72% to a total of $114.77 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium up +0.31% today, to a price of $32.30(USD/LBS)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up, Gold decreased -0.14% to a price of $1,885.80 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper down -0.66% to a price of $4.51 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver down -0.47% to a price of $27.67 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Nickel up +1.08% to a price of $18,106.25 (USD/MT)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Post Market Thread Now Open
Due to feedback received, we have now re-designed our new DB Stock Forum 2.0. Our first forum had some issues; since then, we have created a new forum that is easier to use and faster. We are in the process of merging the users onto our new forum. However. For those who haven’t yet signed up for free. Feel free to create a FREE account by clicking here
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Celsius Resources (CLA.ASX) – drilling results
Duke Exploration (DEX.ASX) – capital raising
Mandrake Resources (MAN.ASX) – capital raising
Andromeda Metals (ADN.ASX) – market update
Mighty Craft (MCL.ASX) – capital raising
Minotaur Exploration (MEP.ASX) – market update
Bitcoin dipped as low as $31,035.49 before trying to recover. News that Donald Trump suggested that Bitcoin was a scam affecting the American dollar sunk in as investors dumped their holdings in cryptocurrency. Since then, Bitcoin has tried to recover:
Bitcoin: US$33,857.97 up +7.75% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,545.33 up +1.01% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.335345 up +2.66% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.57 up +0.75% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.353590 up +2.64% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the DB team! Click the image on the right to join now.
- A woman’s death in NSW was most likely caused by an AstraZeneca vaccine. – News
- A Victorian man was discovered dead in floodwaters. – News
- The US will provide 500 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to assist other nations. – Aljazeera
- Melbourne’s toughest lockdown limits have been eased, but some limits remain. – 9 News
- All crypto miners in China’s Qinghai Province have been ordered to shut down. – Coin Desk
- Fresh snowfall has fallen over NSW, as severe weather grips Australia’s south-east. – 9 News
- After opening the front door, a woman in Newcastle was shot and killed. – News
- Scott Morrison has issued a warning to world allies about China’s trade and security risks. – 9 News
- Bitcoin’s bad run isn’t done yet, as prices continue to plummet. – 9 News
- Melbourne’s COVID lockdown will be eased with the introduction of hospitality caps and a 25-kilometre transit bubble. – ABC
- Melbourne is on the verge of a lockdown announcement. – News
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
Today’s Biggest Nano – Mid Cap Gainers
Post market we provide an update with the market movers above 5% (nano – mid market cap)
Nano-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today’s ASX Market Wrap up in the Nano ASX Cap gainers. OAK finished today up +100% with a market volume of just over ~1.9 million shares traded.
Micro-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today micro-cap gainers. CLZ moving the highest with a +100% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~90 million shares traded today.
Small-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 5%
Today small-cap gainers. ADN moving the highest with a +20.93% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~59.7 million shares traded today.
Mid-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 3%
Today mid-cap gainers. IRE moving the highest with a +16.80% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~3.5 million shares traded today.
That is today’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: