ASX today – wrap up, S&P/ASX 200 new record high and close
Good afternoon! Here is a quick summary:
On the ASX today, another significant day as the S&P/ASX 200 closed higher than the previous trading day close, with a +0.92% gain or +67.20 points. During lunchtime today, the XJO hit a new high of 7398.600 before retreating and closing the day at 7,379.500, beating the highest close on the eleventh of June, with a previous close of 7,312.333.
(Recap From 15th June Rise & Shine)
The Dow Jones moved lower overnight with a -0.25% move or -85.85 points. The S&P 500 gained overnight, moving +0.18% or +7.71 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was up overnight, with a +0.74% gain or +104.72 points.
Popular US shares performances:
Tesla (TSLA) up overnight with a +1.28% gain or +7.80 dollar,
Apple (AAPL) Shares up overnight with a +2.46% gain or +3.13 dollars,
Amazon (AMZN) up overnight with a +1.11% gain or +37.04 dollars per share,
Microsoft (MSFT) up overnight with a +0.78% gain or +2.00 dollars per share,
Post your thought on our new DB Stock Forum – Sign up free here.
(Recap From 15th June Rise & Shine)
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Tuesday higher. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 57 points or 0.78 percent higher, according to the latest SPI futures.
Today on the ASX Wrap up:
Health Care (XHJ) +1.96%
- Resmed Inc (RMD.ASX) Moving the highest in the health care sector today, with a +6.84% move and closing to $30.310 per share.
- Healius Limited (HLS.ASX) smallest gainer today in the health care sector, moving +0.23% and closing to a price of $4.340 per share.
Financials Sector (XFJ) +1.30%
- National Australia Bank Limited (NAB.ASX) up +0.79% and closing to $26.670 per share.
- Commonwealth Bank Of Australia (CBA.ASX) up +2.06% and closing to a price of $103.450 per share.
Energy (XEJ) +0.10%
- Oil Search Limited (OSH.ASX) Moving the highest in the energy sector today, with a +0.49% move and closing to $4.120 per share.
- Ampol Limited (ALD.ASX) Biggest loser today in the energy sector, declining -1.26% and closing to a price of $28.970 per share.
- Brent Crude Oil up +0.27% to a total of $73.21 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Crude Oil up +0.21% to a total of $71.20 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore price remains at a total of $214 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Palladium price down -0.02% to a total of $2,751.65 (USD/t oz) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Coal down -1.26% to a total of $118 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium down -0.61% today, to a price of $32.50 (USD/LBS)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up, Gold increased +0.02% to a price of $1,867.61(Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper down -2.43% to a price of $4.42 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver down -0.57% to a price of $27.71 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Nickel up +1.35% to a price of $18,450.25 (USD/MT)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Post Market Thread Now Open
Due to feedback received, we have now re-designed our new DB Stock Forum 2.0. Our first forum had some issues; since then, we have created a new forum that is easier to use and faster. We are in the process of merging the users onto our new forum. However. For those who haven’t yet signed up for free. Feel free to create a FREE account by clicking here
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Cashwerkz (CWZ.ASX) – capital raising
Leigh Creek Energy (LCK.ASX) – capital raising
Cobalt Blue (COB.ASX) – fundraising agreement
WT Financial Group (WTL.ASX) – capital raising and acquisition
Magnum Mining and Exploration (MGU.ASX) – off-take agreement
Metalicity (MCT.ASX) – capital raising
Aeris Resources (AIS.ASX) – capital raising
Argonaut Resources (ARE.ASX) – capital raising
Global Health (GLH.ASX) – capital raising
Volt Resources (VRC.ASX) – acquisition
OAR Resources (OAR.ASX) – capital raising
Vection (VR1.ASX) – acquisition transaction
Galena Mining (G1A.ASX) – final investment decision
Gascoyne Resources (GCY.ASX) – acquisition
Firefly (FFR.ASX) – transaction
“Cryptocurrency is a good idea on many levels and we believe it has a promising future, but this cannot come at great cost to the environment,” Elon Musk drives bitcoin prices higher with his recent comments.
Bitcoin: US$40,234.74 up +1.73% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,612.79 up +4.60% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.327840 up +0.66% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Cardano: US$1.59 up +3.37% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stellar: US$0.346951 up +2.65% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data).
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the DB team! Click the image on the left to join now.
- After two fresh cases, the entire Melbourne facility has been put on lockdown. – News
- ‘It makes no difference,’ says an Australian WWII POW on his 100th birthday. – 9 News
- China has been declared a worldwide security threat by NATO leaders. – 9 News
- When asked about calling Vladimir Putin a “killer” ahead of their meet, Joe Biden responds awkwardly. – News
- Australia and Singapore have agreed to collaborate on developing a ‘safe and calibrated’ travel bubble. – ABC
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
Today’s Biggest Nano – Mid Cap Gainers
Post market we provide an update with the market movers above 5% (nano – mid market cap)
Nano-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today’s ASX Market Wrap up in the Nano ASX Cap gainers. ISD finished today up +131.88% with a market volume of just over ~26.5 million shares traded.
Micro-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today micro-cap gainers. NGY moving the highest with a +36.17% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~11.7 million shares traded today.
Small-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 5%
Today small-cap gainers. MME moving the highest with a +18.75% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~588 thousand shares traded today.
Mid-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 3%
Today mid-cap gainers. TLX moving the highest with a +6% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~1.4 million shares traded today.
That is today’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: