ASX today – wrap up, S&P/ASX 200 winning streak continues
Good afternoon! Here is a quick summary:
On the ASX today, the S&P/ASX 200 experienced a higher high and close as a nice recovery allowed for the winning streak to continue. The ASX200 hit a new high of 7406.200 before retreating and closing the day at 7,386.200 +0.91% gain or +6.70 points.
(Recap From 16th June Rise & Shine)
Overnight the US markets took a turn with the Federal Open Market Committee preparing for its two-day meeting as May retail sales data underwhelmed. The Dow Jones moved lower overnight with a -0.27% move or -94.42 points. The S&P 500 lost overnight, moving -0.20% or -8.56 points. Based on technology, the Nasdaq was down overnight, with a -0.71% loss or -101.29 points.
Popular US shares performances:
Tesla (TSLA) down overnight with a -2.97% loss or -18.33 dollar,
Apple (AAPL) Shares down overnight with a -0.64% loss or -0.84 dollars,
Amazon (AMZN) down overnight with a -0.02% loss or -0.74 dollars per share,
Microsoft (MSFT) down overnight with a -0.59% loss or -1.53 dollars per share,
Post your thought on our new DB Stock Forum – Sign up free here.
(Recap From 16th June Rise & Shine)
This morning, the Australian stock market is projected to start Wednesday lower. The ASX 200 is predicted to open the day 12 points or 0.16 percent lower, according to the latest SPI futures.
Today on the ASX Wrap up:
Energy (XEJ) +1.49%
- Washington H Soul Pattinson & Company Limited (SOL.ASX) Moving the highest in the energy sector today, with a +2.78% move and closing to $32.150 per share.
- Whitehaven Coal Limited (WHC.ASX) Biggest loser today in the energy sector, declining -2.86% and closing to a price of $2.040 per share.
Financials Sector (XFJ) +0.81%
- National Australia Bank Limited (NAB.ASX) up +0.71% and closing to $26.860 per share.
- Commonwealth Bank Of Australia (CBA.ASX) up +1.32% and closing to a price of $104.820 per share.
Health Care (XHJ) +0.46%
- Pro Medicus Limited (PME.ASX) Moving the highest in the health care sector today, with a +3.62% move and closing to $53.220 per share.
- Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals Limited (CUV.ASX) Biggest loser today in the health care sector, moving -5.66% and closing to a price of $26.980 per share.
- Brent Crude Oil up +0.27% to a total of $74.51 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Crude Oil up +0.17% to a total of $72.58 USD/BBL (Taken from IRESS data).
- Iron Ore up +0.45% to a total of $222 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Palladium price down -0.14% to a total of $2,759.15 (USD/t oz) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Coal down -1.48% to a total of $116.25 (USD/MT) (Taken from IRESS data).
- Uranium down -0.46% today, to a price of $32.35 (USD/LBS)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Gold on the ASX Market Wrap up, Gold increased +0.14% to a price of $1,860.58 (Taken from IRESS data).
- Copper down -0.23% to a price of $4.33 (USD/lb)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Silver up +0.29% to a price of $27.76 (USD/t)(Taken from IRESS data).
- Nickel down -4.04% to a price of $17,704.50 (USD/MT)(Taken from IRESS data).
- To Keep up with the latest news and Commodity Prices, make sure to check out our News Ticker Here.
Post Market Thread Now Open
Due to feedback received, we have now re-designed our new DB Stock Forum 2.0. Our first forum had some issues; since then, we have created a new forum that is easier to use and faster. We are in the process of merging the users onto our new forum. However. For those who haven’t yet signed up for free. Feel free to create a FREE account by clicking here
Companies listed below are currently in a trading halt and are expected to resume trading within the next few trading days:
Volt Resources (VRC.ASX) – acquisition
OAR Resources (OAR.ASX) – capital raising
Vection (VR1.ASX) – acquisition transaction
Galena Mining (G1A.ASX) – final investment decision
Gascoyne Resources (GCY.ASX) – acquisition
Firefly (FFR.ASX) – transaction
Firefinch (FFX.ASX) – development partner
Irongate (IAP.ASX) – capital raising and acquisition
King River Resources (KRR.ASX) – pre-feasibility study completion
Wingara (WNR.ASX) – legal correction
Jayride (JAY.ASX) – capital raising
Kim Kardashian and Ethereum Max. Why? – Coindesk
Bitcoin: US$40,418.32 up +0.72% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Ethereum: US$2,548.89 down -2.08% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Dogecoin: US$0.319579 down -2.23% in 24hrs (Taken from Coindesk data),
Stay connected on Facebook.
Our Facebook group has grown substantially, don’t miss out on sharing your thoughts with others and being a part of the DB team! Click the image beside this text.
- A man in Sydney’s eastern suburbs has been diagnosed with Covid-19. – News
- As a townhouse complex in Victoria goes into lockdown, five new local virus cases are reported. – Perthnow
- Ronaldo’s press conference stunt wiped $5.2 billion off Coca-Cola’s market value. – News
- In the span of 24 hours, Victoria has recorded five new COVID instances. – ABC
- Coronavirus restrictions in Victoria are expected to be lifted today. – News
- ‘It makes no difference,’ says an Australian WWII POW on his 100th birthday. – 9 News
- China has been declared a worldwide security threat by NATO leaders. – 9 News
- When asked about calling Vladimir Putin a “killer” ahead of their meet, Joe Biden responds awkwardly. – News
- Australia and Singapore have agreed to collaborate on developing a ‘safe and calibrated’ travel bubble. – ABC
- ‘No one can guarantee your money,’ says a crypto expert. – Yahoo
- Our Facebook group has grown substantially! Don’t miss a thing. Join the FREE group here.
Today’s Biggest Nano – Mid Cap Gainers
Post market we provide an update with the market movers above 5% (nano – mid market cap)
Nano-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today’s ASX Market Wrap up in the Nano ASX Cap gainers. VIC finished today up +50% with a market volume of just over ~7.4 million shares traded.
Micro-Cap ASX Gainers– Above 5%
Today micro-cap gainers. 8IH moving the highest with a +30.43% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~976 thousand shares traded today.
Small-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 5%
Today small-cap gainers. 8VI moving the highest with a +24% gain on closing today and a total share volume of just over ~95 thousand shares traded today.
Mid-Cap ASX Market Gainers – Above 3%
Today mid-cap gainers. SNZ moving the highest with a +8.63% gain on closing today and a total share volume of 2,492 thousand shares traded today.
That is today’s ASX wrap-up; as always, stay safe and happy trading.
Want something added to the rise & shine? Leave a comment below.
Learn to invest in yourself before the market: